All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-09-2007, 02:14 AM

hao is on a distinguished road
Exclamation display problem>usb connection mode

had my n95 for about 2 weeks and.. the display's gone! was just using the web browser and it went completely black!! came on again, changed colours a little, now it's totally gone. i am really annoyed this happened right now, as i am really busy, and haven't given it for repair yet. also, i haven't backed up anything yet!! so.. i need someone to guide me through connectiong it via usb so i can i can backup my stuff!! i get that it is in 'non-compatible mode' and to 'change via the phone UI', which of course i can't see! i know the connection thingy is in tools somewhere but i need to know what keys to press to get the right mode. please help!!

Old 04-09-2007, 10:26 AM

Mithent is on a distinguished road
If you have 'Ask on connection' on from the USB menu:
Start with the slider closed, then open it and quickly insert the USB cable (thus making sure the phone is unlocked). This will cause the USB mode menu to appear. You're probably on 'Mass Storage', so try pressing Up and Select to choose 'PC Suite'. If that doesn't work, try the same again repeatedly (since it'll save the new setting each time, and you'll move through the 4 possible settings).

If you don't have 'Ask on connection' enabled, you'll have to try to find the USB settings. If and only if you haven't changed the locations of the icons, this should work:
Start with the slider closed, then open it to make sure it's unlocked. Press the End Call button to return to the standby screen. Menu, down, down, left, select. Up, right, select. The USB settings has two items, the above being where you select the mode and the below being the 'Ask on connection' question. You could try toggling 'Ask on connection' by down, select. Then do as above. Or to change the mode directly: select, up, select, try USB cable, and repeat if required.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:29 PM

mcsleazycrisps is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Tv Cable

Same thing happened to my screen - use your TV cable that came with the phone and hook it up to your TV to see what you're doing

Old 04-09-2007, 02:16 PM

Mithent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsleazycrisps View Post
Same thing happened to my screen - use your TV cable that came with the phone and hook it up to your TV to see what you're doing
That was a better idea :p