All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-06-2008, 10:59 AM

ironass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merbiyatch View Post
well im thinking of going to this cellphone repair shop which offers fashing of firmwares on dead phones..they say i have to leave it for 2-3 days..what do you guys think?
As it's under warranty I would only take it to a Nokia Reair Centre otherwise you may invalidate your warranty.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:43 PM

GordonShowers is on a distinguished road
I would just tell your operator that you tried switching the phone on & it didn't work, straight out of the box.

They'll courier over a swap next day (at least Vodafone do).

Old 01-06-2008, 10:55 PM

merbiyatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian-ross@beeb.n View Post
As it's under warranty I would only take it to a Nokia Reair Centre otherwise you may invalidate your warranty.
to tell you guys honestly, i cannot bring it to a nokia repair centre because we dont have one here on the island..my phone was purchased back at the phillippines and it would take me quite a while as i cant go back there at the moment..i tried looking everywhere on the island, looking in phone book directories to see if we have an available nokia repair center..but the closest ive gotten looking to if a cellphone repair shop that offers flashing..thats why i consulted you guys first..does flashing require opening the phone?isnt it just usb+pc+phone?im just looking at my only option here as i am far from salvation..

Old 01-06-2008, 11:53 PM

Flashing doesn't require opening the phone as you correctly stated.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Flashing doesn't require opening the phone as you correctly stated.
ok thanks..but im just wondering why they need for me to leave the phone with them 2-3 days..maybe i should just let them know that i just need it to be flashed..btw,the repair shop also does software updates..does flashing alter anything in the phone though?i mean performance wise?does it invalidate anything?it doesnt right?correct me if im wrong..

Last edited by merbiyatch; 02-06-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:42 AM

Flashing doesn't alter anything as such in the phone. I don't know why it should take them 2-3 days. Having a non Nokia service centre do it would, I believe, invalidate your warranty though.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Flashing doesn't alter anything as such in the phone. I don't know why it should take them 2-3 days. Having a non Nokia service centre do it would, I believe, invalidate your warranty though.
well then..its best that i punch some sense into them and let them know that flashing does not take 2-3 days..i think i better show them this thread to show evidence of so and so..

flashing revives a bricked phone right?and how exactly is flashing done on a BRICKED phone?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:05 AM

This will explain dead phone flashing:-

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...B_flashing.pdf

Old 02-06-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
This will explain dead phone flashing:-

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...B_flashing.pdf
well..i got my phoe on the same day..thanks to some facts that i got from here..thanks again for our replies..my phone is on the newest version no..20. something..now what i notice now about my phone is that, everytime i turn it on, theres always a pop up thing that says installing then after a while it sayus unknow software..if yo want to install go to app mngr..

any ideas on what this is?i have formatted my mass memory then it went okay..then i installed themes on it, now it pops up again..and its getting really annoying.

help again pls..

Old 02-06-2008, 03:05 PM

ccraig is on a distinguished road
theres app installer somewhere on phone/or external memory i have same problem after i reinstalled a back up but cant find the bleeding thing to delete it ,it's not in my app manager either lol .
but a standard format of both phone memory and the card/built in memory will remove it if you cant find
I can't be bothered to format mine and start over again installing stuff b/c i wont beable to use my back up b/c it'll jst reinstall it and i have so mich data i need to keep

Last edited by ccraig; 02-06-2008 at 03:11 PM.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccraig View Post
theres app installer somewhere on phone/or external memory i have same problem after i reinstalled a back up but cant find the bleeding thing to delete it ,it's not in my app manager either lol .
but a standard format of both phone memory and the card/built in memory will remove it if you cant find
I can't be bothered to format mine and start over again installing stuff b/c i wont beable to use my back up b/c it'll jst reinstall it and i have so mich data i need to keep
tell me about it..its freakin annoying..well my phone is new so i can still format both as i have nothing stored in either yet..

and how do i do a standard phone and the card built in memory format?cant find it on the phone..
Ads

Old 02-06-2008, 04:55 PM

ccraig is on a distinguished road
to format phone memory press *#7370# and it will format the phone and restart
oh and also it will askfor code the standard code is 12345 if you have not changed it
to format mass memory go to tools >utilities > Memory > options >format mass memory