All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-03-2004, 03:14 PM

Dave777 is on a distinguished road
Question Outlook 2003 Calendar sync probs

I am using Outlook 2003 and the latest PC Suite 2.3.1 to sync my P900. Contacts sync fine as do some calendar entries. BUT some entries in the calendar do not transfer from the PC to the phone. It seems to be recurring entries such as birthdays set to repeat every year.

Has anyone experienced this and can help. It is a real pain!

Great phone and great forum, keep up the great work!

Cheers

Dave

Old 17-03-2004, 04:03 PM

Bassey is on a distinguished road
Re: Outlook 2003 Calendar sync probs

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave777
I am using Outlook 2003 and the latest PC Suite 2.3.1 to sync my P900. Contacts sync fine as do some calendar entries. BUT some entries in the calendar do not transfer from the PC to the phone. It seems to be recurring entries such as birthdays set to repeat every year.

Has anyone experienced this and can help. It is a real pain!

Great phone and great forum, keep up the great work!

Cheers

Dave
Dave, there have been many, many threads on this in the past so a quick search should give you all the information you want, plus lots more.

But, in short, yes - the synch software is pretty bad, can't cope with recurring events and there are piece's of software out there designed to help you with this problem.

You look like you want to go away, But I know you’re gonna stay. For although your heart is in L.A, Your head is in my fridge. There’s flowers in your hair, they're not real their made of silk. There’s a note in your mouth, to remind me to get milk.

Wot Italian? from Boothby Graffoe

Old 17-03-2004, 04:42 PM

Thanks. I did search and didn't come up with much. I must try harder next time! Can you recommend any software to do this? Is there any freeware that can do this or any way to make PC suite sync with Outlook 2003's calendar properly?

Come on Sonyericsson I upgraded to 2.3.1 because it says Outlook 2003 compatability!!!!!

Thanks Bassey

Dave

Old 17-03-2004, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave777
....Can you recommend any software to do this? ...
I use HandyDate which works fine. There is also DateMate and a couple of days ago SmartBirthday was released. I haven't tested it 'cause I don't want to end up with duplicate birthdays, but it looks to be very comprehensive and, assuming it's bug free, looks like a better solution than the other two.

You look like you want to go away, But I know you’re gonna stay. For although your heart is in L.A, Your head is in my fridge. There’s flowers in your hair, they're not real their made of silk. There’s a note in your mouth, to remind me to get milk.

Old 17-03-2004, 05:07 PM

KayonLord is on a distinguished road
Smartbirthday works well and you can also use smartdates, this lets you do more dates not just birthdays.

Old 17-03-2004, 06:27 PM

Will Smartbirthday/dates sync to Outlook 2003. I have checked their website, but it just says import/export to contacts application.

Does anyone know?

Cheers

Dave

Old 18-03-2004, 05:47 AM

KayonLord is on a distinguished road
It will sync with the p900 calander, and from then sync with out look. All my birthday sync that i creaded with smartDates.

You can always download the trial and test it for your self.
But it worked for me.

Old 18-03-2004, 11:43 AM

I will try it thanks.

Dave

Old 28-05-2004, 09:00 AM
manishvij

Contact Sync to Oulook

Hi All
Hve just bought P900 and realised that my contacts from p900 donlt synchronise too well with Outlook address book.
Only the names and a single mobile number gets in.
I am putting this problem again in the thread as the problem being discussed was for calendar.
Please suggest an option / 3rd party software where the sync is perfect with outlook address book (both ways i,e phone - oulook and outlook to phone).
Thanks
Manish Vij
INDIA

Old 28-05-2004, 10:49 AM

There are no third party programs to synch. However, I have never had a problem synching contacts to Outlook (calender is a different matter all together). The only thing missing is that the synchronisation process does not maintain the catagories.

Maybe there is a problem in the way you have set up the synchronisation process or possibly your Outlook database is corrupt (this is a VERY common problem).

Old 28-05-2004, 12:29 PM
manishvij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassey
There are no third party programs to synch. However, I have never had a problem synching contacts to Outlook (calender is a different matter all together). The only thing missing is that the synchronisation process does not maintain the catagories.

Maybe there is a problem in the way you have set up the synchronisation process or possibly your Outlook database is corrupt (this is a VERY common problem).
Thanks for the reply.
Threre are three things you said :

- Way I have set up synch : Pls tell me the best way to set up synch with outlook
- Outlook Database is corrupt : How do I check that and how can i solve it

Old 28-05-2004, 12:52 PM

Can you give me more detail? For example, can you provide details of a contact that is not synching over correctly? Provide what fields have details in them in Outlook, and which one's have details in them in the P900.

Actually, I just thought. In the P900, try to edit a contact that seems to have phone numbers missing. Click on one of the phone number field labels (such as "Home Mobile") to get the drop down list. Look through each of the items on the drop down list. Are the numbers in there somewhere but just not being shown by the P900 by default? That could be the problem.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:10 AM
manishvij

The Phone (h) field in my P900 is not getting transffered to my outlook contacts when i sync...

[
QUOTE=Bassey]Can you give me more detail? For example, can you provide details of a contact that is not synching over correctly? Provide what fields have details in them in Outlook, and which one's have details in them in the P900.

Actually, I just thought. In the P900, try to edit a contact that seems to have phone numbers missing. Click on one of the phone number field labels (such as "Home Mobile") to get the drop down list. Look through each of the items on the drop down list. Are the numbers in there somewhere but just not being shown by the P900 by default? That could be the problem.[/quote]