All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-03-2004, 05:34 AM

skullmania6x3 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy serious problem on my 6600

My phone serious problem wish somebody can help me with my problem. the files and the installer that I transfer in to my MMC wont read on my cell it always says "corrupted files" or "file format unknown".

I also tried to format my phone using 3key method and formatting my MMC through card reader/writer and reformatting to the phone, but my phone still having a problem reformatting my MMC. I really don't know which one has the problem my phone or MMC.

Please people if you have some advise and knowledge to mend my problem please share it to me.

Thank you.

Old 16-03-2004, 05:59 AM

ferdz is on a distinguished road
hello mate!..

its was my problem before with my new phone after one day of using my n6600 it cant read a corrupted file!... it can't even delete the corrupted file!.. hahahahhahaha... i go back to the store where i bought it coz i wanted to return or replace it!.. they have no available unit for replacement!.. but now my PROB is gone!.. hahaha

Heres what to do!..

I know once and for all that its the MMC who has the defects. because all programs still run. and you have also re format your phone and still it has the prob!

BUy a Card a reader!... its about (950 pesos or 1300 pesos)
depends on brands (mine is a ZiO MMC card reader 950 lang) be sure it can read MMC coz some reader are 6in1 meaning it can read 6 diff. flash cards. some are not for MMC

or you can borrow from your friends!..

Off your phone, remove MMC from phone, insert MMC to the card reader, Browse the MMC (its says removable disk in windows)
look for the corrupted file on the MMC then right click! then DELETE iT!.... poof! nawala yung corrupted file hehehehe AYOS di ba pare.. 99.9% solve yan pare! then your phone and MMC is ok again!..

Old 16-03-2004, 06:08 AM

By the way you can format the MMC also on the card reader!
but maybe you have not backup the MMC first!
so that when the MMC is installed on your phone the programs has gone..

the PHONE sometimes cannot format MMC i dunno why!
yesterday i bought a 128mb twinMOS MMC for 2600pesos i trry to format it on the phone but no success so i format it on the card reader a DOS format!. and it was formatted. then i transfer all my files into that new card then all seems OK!..
but before that i try not to format the MMC i immediately put the files stil N6600 read thos files and run all the apps.. but the PROBLEM is i lost 20MB so i corrected it by reformatting it on the card reader then OK na siya..

but all my files that i transffered are 25.60MB only but when it was transffered on the MMC it become 27.4MB! o my i was robbed by 2MB!... i dunno why ... anyways OK na rin yun.

now i can play 30mins of MR. BEAN movie for 12MB
Ads

Old 24-03-2004, 03:38 PM

skullmania6x3 is on a distinguished road
Thank you my friend but I lready done what you've you told me.
I have a card reader/writter(Iwill P1200) I reformatted my MMC there and still can't reformat my MMC to my 6600.

Old 24-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

jw is on a distinguished road
Make sure when you're formatting it on the PC you're formatting it to FAT16, not FAT32 or NTFS.

Old 31-03-2004, 10:41 AM

hello again mate... sorry for the delayed reply maybe this time your problem has been solved but for the benifit of others i'll reply...

a new 128mb MMC with files or none cant be formatted on my 6600 but after formatting it in my card reader in DOS format (FAT 16) then insert it on my 6600 it can now be formatted!...

You will have to take note that an MMC formatted in PC or card reader can still be read by 6600 (all files u have saved on it)... the only difference of MMC formatted in 6600 is that your phone will create some file and folders after formatting to be used by your 6600. here are the folders that is automatically created after formatting in 6600 Images, Videos, Sounds, Nokia, Others, System (hidden folder), and also some subfolders under nokia folder...

Yes!.. you can also use the MMC after formatting on card reader and just create all those folders on the MMC manually... i have done it and still no problem on my 6600!... so whether to format or not to format MMC on your 6600 is still OK as long as you format it on the card reader!... THATS it Folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k
Make sure when you're formatting it on the PC you're formatting it to FAT16, not FAT32 or NTFS.

Old 14-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Unregistered2

I forget my MMC Card Password -?

Hi

I forgot my MMC Card password :(

How do i format it or remove the password on the MMC??

I tried it in a Belkin 8in1 card reader, but the card does not get detected :(

I tried putting it in another phone (nokia 6230) but it asked for a password on that too! :(

How do i get rid of this ??

HELP!

Thanks in advance
Varun

Old 14-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Unregistered2

I forget my MMC Card Password -?

Hi

I tried putting it in another phone (nokia 6230) but it asked for a password on that too! :(

HELP!

Thanks in advance
Varun

Old 05-09-2004, 07:31 PM
sevgiesenler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdz
hello mate!..

its was my problem before with my new phone after one day of using my n6600 it cant read a corrupted file!... it can't even delete the corrupted file!.. hahahahhahaha... i go back to the store where i bought it coz i wanted to return or replace it!.. they have no available unit for replacement!.. but now my PROB is gone!.. hahaha

Heres what to do!..

I know once and for all that its the MMC who has the defects. because all programs still run. and you have also re format your phone and still it has the prob!

BUy a Card a reader!... its about (950 pesos or 1300 pesos)
depends on brands (mine is a ZiO MMC card reader 950 lang) be sure it can read MMC coz some reader are 6in1 meaning it can read 6 diff. flash cards. some are not for MMC

or you can borrow from your friends!..

Off your phone, remove MMC from phone, insert MMC to the card reader, Browse the MMC (its says removable disk in windows)
look for the corrupted file on the MMC then right click! then DELETE iT!.... poof! nawala yung corrupted file hehehehe AYOS di ba pare.. 99.9% solve yan pare! then your phone and MMC is ok again!..

Old 02-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Unregistered22

Smile hi varun

hi varun,
i have the same problem. i too am not able to use my mmc card. as i forgot the password. i dunno, if there is any other way....
if u get a solution, then please mail me.
my email address is bedihs@rediffmail.com
thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered2
Hi

HELP!

Thanks in advance
Varun

Old 09-10-2004, 11:00 AM

pranavhere is on a distinguished road
hee yaa dude

man jst use file named sele-q then go to the file properties & just off all the options & then try 2 install it ill work on . byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 09-11-2004, 02:50 PM
fromTurkey

it has got 1 way

hi guys
i have problem as yours about 400 mmc cards.if ill solve this i ll earn much money...
now i wanna share ways which i learnt and if you have pls share me..
1st way is cardreaderformat with mmcmedic program.
i tried it i cant get solution...
the other is format with dijital photograf makinesi...
i tried it i cant get solution...
the other is format with smiens sl-45 phone
i wont try it yet ill try it as soon as
...maybe
the other you ll put it magnetic field
the other it trow it wastebasket
i think the sure one is you must write program on symbian systm which is try passwords quikly like hackers...do you know any program like this...take care