All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-07-2004, 08:10 AM

strayan is on a distinguished road
I just bought a Kingmax 256MB mmc. It works. I'm going to buy a 512MB Kingmax card as well. I will let people know if it works when I get it. Also thinking about getting a 1GB Kingmax card, Kingmax Australia have said they will be releasing them any day now. I except to pay around $380 dollars for the 1GB card when it's released (147GBP). www.allack.co.uk is ripping you guys off big time. They're a bunch of crooks.

The 256MB card cost $100 Australian dollars which is about 39 GBD and the 512mmc cost $170 Australian dollars which converts to about GBP 65. I'm sure I'll be able to get the 512 a bit cheaper though, I'm good at getting discounts

Old 04-07-2004, 09:03 PM
D-G-tal

Unhappy HElp

hi! i have a 128 mmc and i put a password on it but when i changed i an error happened now the card is locked.. is there anyway to solve this problem.. when i try to type in the passwords it reads password not valid.. ive tried all both the previews password and the new one still invalid.. help me! send your reponse to my email add at [flippiest@yahoo.com] pls. pls! pls! pls! i really need help

Old 11-07-2004, 04:22 PM
phantomlord_ma

Thumbs up

128mb twinmos i bought 72 million tl nearly 50$.. it works perfectly but my n- gage doesnt work:(
anyone have 512mb? is it works at n-gage?

Old 22-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Haisdeaks

Talking Pqi 256mb Mmc

Does any1 no if a 256mb PQI mmc works well on the N-GAGE? I bought it buy-it-now for 26 inc P&P off ebay yesterday including 5 year warranty!!
I know it may have a few errors with mp3 player but aslong as software installs good then im happy!!

Old 22-07-2004, 04:33 PM

Swampdog is on a distinguished road
Confuddled

Okies, you have all got me confused here. Is there only one version of the original N-Gage? I live in Australia & the N-Gage I have takes SD cards ONLY, I can't see how you'd fit an MMC card into it.

Just to make sure there's no difference in terminology between the hemispheres, here MMC (MultiMedia Cards) are the larger thinner cards (about the size of the screen on the N-Gage) & SD (Secure Digital) are the smaller postage stamp sized cards.

Strangely, at the shop where I bought it the poster said it took MMC cards up to 128MB, but upon getting it home & opening it up discovered it took an SD card. This was a bonus as I had a digital camera with an SD card that I seldom use, put it into the N-Gage, formatted it & it came up as a removable drive in windows explorer when the USB cable was connected to the N-Gage. Copied a heap of mp3's over to it & they played fine on the phone. The card is a kodak 64MB SD card.

With the back of the N-Gage open, the battery is in the centre, the SD card to the top right & the SIM card to the bottom right, is this the same as the N-Gages in the US & UK?

Last edited by Swampdog; 22-07-2004 at 04:44 PM.

Old 22-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdog
Okies, you have all got me confused here. Is there only one version of the original N-Gage? I live in Australia & the N-Gage I have takes SD cards ONLY, I can't see how you'd fit an MMC card into it.

Just to make sure there's no difference in terminology between the hemispheres, here MMC (MultiMedia Cards) are the larger thinner cards (about the size of the screen on the N-Gage) & SD (Secure Digital) are the smaller postage stamp sized cards.
I think you are confusing MMC cards with CF.MMC cards have the same size as SD,only thiner.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.
Ads

Old 29-07-2004, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strayan
I just bought a Kingmax 256MB mmc. It works. I'm going to buy a 512MB Kingmax card as well. I will let people know if it works when I get it. Also thinking about getting a 1GB Kingmax card, Kingmax Australia have said they will be releasing them any day now. I except to pay around $380 dollars for the 1GB card when it's released (147GBP). www.allack.co.uk is ripping you guys off big time. They're a bunch of crooks.

The 256MB card cost $100 Australian dollars which is about 39 GBD and the 512mmc cost $170 Australian dollars which converts to about GBP 65. I'm sure I'll be able to get the 512 a bit cheaper though, I'm good at getting discounts
The 512MB Kingmax card works. I've decided not to get a 1GB card (for the same price I could buy an iPod mini.

I paid AUD$160 for the 512MB Kingmax card which is GBP61.27.

How much to http://ngage.allack.co.uk/Extras/ charge? 79.95 and I don't think that's including VAT either.

RIP OFF!

Old 03-08-2004, 01:45 AM

jhsieh is on a distinguished road
There have been a lot of successful ATP/nokia card users on howardforums.com
Howard recently did review of the 512MB cards......

http://www.howardchui.com/modules.ph...icle&artid=166

-Jeff

Old 03-08-2004, 08:49 PM

Draize_Train is on a distinguished road
Got Ridata 256 MB from Ebay 27.75 inc p&p, working well for me, no issues as yet

Old 05-08-2004, 08:17 PM
niyaaz10

128mb sandisk south africa

Old 10-08-2004, 05:39 AM

EvilDeadFan is on a distinguished road
Talking

Purchased a 256mb HITACHI MMC from http://www.memorysuppliers.com

In Canadian funds, with 1-3 days INSURED shipping after all taxes, it was $69 and change, which is by far better than the $103 I see at the next lowest place.

Expecting it Wednesday, I'll let everyone know how it works under heavy data loads

Seems the one I ordered is a 60x, which means 9mb a second transfers. So it's super fast. Sweet!

Last edited by EvilDeadFan; 13-08-2004 at 04:35 AM.

Old 17-08-2004, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDeadFan
Purchased a 256mb HITACHI MMC from http://www.memorysuppliers.com

In Canadian funds, with 1-3 days INSURED shipping after all taxes, it was $69 and change, which is by far better than the $103 I see at the next lowest place.

Expecting it Wednesday, I'll let everyone know how it works under heavy data loads

Seems the one I ordered is a 60x, which means 9mb a second transfers. So it's super fast. Sweet!
Recieved the card yesterday, and so far I have quite a few things loaded on it. About 50 megs worth. Runs great! No problems.

It's also a kingmax, as advertised it'd be a hitachi/kingmax, and I recieved the kingmax brand. Great stuff. Packaged very well!

Old 18-08-2004, 12:12 AM

merkman is on a distinguished road
So here is my question for evil and anyone else who is willing to check. I understand many folks are formatting their memory card on the N-Gage, loading some files, trying it, and when it works calling it good. Heck, I might have done that if I hadn't done a LOT of reading on the subject today.

But with several reports of folks with 256MB cards having difficulty once they loaded more than 128MB of data, I can't help but wonder if the newer 512MB cards won't have this problem too. And though we've got the sticky thread here, it's not clear just what people did to TEST their cards.

I ended up writing to Nokia this afternoon. My N-gage is coming soon, and I'm excited to outfit it with a large memory card and a bluetooth headset. Think the headset will be a Logitech Mobile Bluetooth that will run $68 w/ free shipping from Ecost.com. Haven't decided if I'll bother with the car charger yet. But trying to decide which memory cards work, which is the best deal without buying something crappy, and just wanting to shop right the FIRST time can definately drive ya a little crazy.

More info. from anyone with larger cards who've tested with more than 50% of the card full is appreciated. I'll definately be getting a memory card reader / writer, so after formatting on the N-Gage... I can move music and files to my unit MUCH faster.

Merk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDeadFan
Recieved the card yesterday, and so far I have quite a few things loaded on it. About 50 megs worth. Runs great! No problems.

It's also a kingmax, as advertised it'd be a hitachi/kingmax, and I recieved the kingmax brand. Great stuff. Packaged very well!

Old 18-08-2004, 01:34 AM

Well, I plan on loading a few movies (Note: That I own on dvd, not something I've downloaded) and wish to bring on road trips, for my enjoyment only, and once I do, I'll probably be over that 128mb "barrier". I'll let you know what I think then.

Old 18-08-2004, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkman
More info. from anyone with larger cards who've tested with more than 50% of the card full is appreciated. I'll definately be getting a memory card reader / writer, so after formatting on the N-Gage... I can move music and files to my unit MUCH faster.
I own a 256MB and 512MB Kingmax mmc. Both are used for mp3 playback and are filled to maximum capacity. The mp3's that are on the cards are deleted every 2 days and replaced with new ones. I've had no problems with either card, both come with a 5 year manufacturers warranty.