All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 22-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Phone Handset Hi nokia5800xm user

i m gourav
its a nice question u have
the all problems is going bcoz u r using old software version V10 go to your nearest Nokia Customer care center with your Nokia 5800 Purchase Invoice and told them to change software version V31 then your all problems will be solvout

Take care
Nokia User Gourav Sharma

Old 03-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Expired Certificate

Try altering your date to the previous year. If that does not work go back a back a further year. That should solve your problem

Old 04-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

NIce

I've just downloaded them all.

http://www.johncarl.net

Old 15-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

symtorrent probs

having a similar problem with symtorrent, originally worked fine, then later had to start a habit of reinstalling when it got a bit fussy.
Now it just wont install at all, just getting this certificate expired message too, a new thing for me on a phone that was before working great(ish).
Have checked settings and all is open, please help!

Old 20-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

Fring, Nimbuzz, Palringo

I wonder, why you name Fring and Nimbuzz in one sentence, however Palringo is named separately? Isn't Palringo just another multiple chat client for the S60 platform? What are the differences?
Ads

Old 20-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Unregistered

After i install files on Ovi on my N97 i saw there is dosen't have an icon,it is normal?
When i go to my programs is there,i can go in it

Old 20-10-2009, 07:28 AM

j d is on a distinguished road
great roundup

Great roundup, I agree with just about everything you've got up there.

For my n97 I also really like Nokia Photo Browser (from betalabs and ovi store) and also Midomi (its a "trial" apparently, from ovi store)

Old 20-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

Mobbler

Scrobbling doesn't work on S60v5 handsets so listing Mobbler is pretty pointless.

Old 20-10-2009, 09:46 AM

juwlz is on a distinguished road
Mobipocket and Morning Crescent

Glad to see you were careful to get a screenshot of a part of the Underground including Mornington Crescent, Steve ;-). That's one app I'll be installing in time for next week's pub meet!

Re Mobipocket, have a look at Ewan's AAS article, and some of the tips in the comments about it.

One tip that's not included (for some reason - and I forget where I found it) which is especially important for 5th edition devices without a hardware keyboard (i.e. the 5800s), is to change your Mobipocket settings to open Library at startup (rather than Last Book). That will display softkeys to allow you to change settings. Then, you can leave Display set to Fullscreen, and use the Red / Cancel / Hangup key to exit Mobipocket. Your last-read book is highlighted in the library when you start it up, needing one extra tap to start reading, but you still have access to all the settings (including switching off fullscreen mode) via the softkeys if you need them.

Even on the N97, it's still easier than fiddling around with Blue arrow+j to get an asterisk to toggle full screen mode.

Julie

Old 20-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Wafaa

Missing freebies

There is another of the Google Apps suite that you missed - Google Reader http://nokiapp.com/2009/06/14/google...et-by-nokiapp/

Also that great time usurper Boomshine

Old 20-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Fowl error

on number 20 you've clearly labelled a goose as a duck. Are there any ornithologists out there that also disagree with this fowl error

Old 20-10-2009, 06:06 PM

jdastrain is on a distinguished road
Fring is a superior app, it works much better in low speed connections, and have better integration with the phone’s Phonebook. Nimbuss is just prettiest

Old 23-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I think mobbler should not be there on the list. It is a free application to a pay service which makes it payware even though the author does not get any money from it. I am just talking from an end users perspective. And unlike other payware mentioned here like xplore, joiku etc. that give you lite or nag version for free, mobbler has no such lite function past initial download limit which makes it at best trialware and you have no other option but to pay or uninstall.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

talkonaut

I really think you should give Talkonaut a try. I have been successfully using it for both text and voice chat on a number of messaging platforms. It does not support skype, big drawback, but it does handle yahoo voice quite well.

I would also like to know if Nimbuzz have finally added full support for Skype calls (not just over WiFi). When I tried it a few months back I was disappointed to find out it does not allow skype calls using my cell data plan so I gave it up in favor of Fring.

Nice article (with update), keep revisiting it every once in a while as it is greatly appreciated !

Old 16-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

tidal program

Does annyone know of of a tidal program for the 5800? I use C-Tide on my PDA but would like to have something similar on my phone so i can lave the pda home.
Thanks