All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Vista Calendar sync hits PC Suite!

Aha! Nokia PC Suite just added Vista Calendar sync, along with a more 'modern' interface and extra drag and drop file capabilities. Get the new v6.85 here. (via Vaibhav)

Read on in the full article.

Old 29-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
OK, so Ewan and I are too chicken to actually install this yet. Or too busy. Anyway, if anyone does upgrade to 6.85, could they please comment on the Vista Calendar sync bit - what about To-do view items? All sync OK?

Now if PC Suite could sync to Vista's "Sticky Notes" as well, I could junk Outlook on the desktop completely and breath a sigh of relief!!! Nokia?

Old 29-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Dan Din

Junk outlook anyway. I use Goosync for both contacts and calendar and it works perfectly, syncing both ways with no problems. Ideal for my secretary to update my Nokia calendar from the office (as long as I remember to hit sync every now and then).

Mozilla Thunderbird then automatically updates my desktop caldendar for free!

Really - there is no need to use Outlook anymore, just use Thunderbird, Google Calendar, and Goosync...

Old 30-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

I like the way they've updated the UI of the main window, it now matches the NSU software...but why have they not done any of the applications? From what I've seen of videos and screenshots they all still have the blue theme they had before. If they were all updated I'd switch back to vanilla PC Suite as opposed to the stripped down NSeries version (1.6 has no phone browser so you have to mount as USB mass storage).

Old 30-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

The new Nokia software can sync a local calendar but not calendars which you have subscribed to, so you can't use this to subscribe to Google Calendar.

Google Calendar + Goosync works great - I just wish you could schedule an automatic sync!

Old 01-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Alyn Sparkes

Don't know if it's the fault of the Nokia software, but as soon as 6.85 was installed, my phone (6110 Nav) failed to sync over bluetooth with Widcomm drivers. It was fine syncing over the cable, but that's not the point.

I tried reintalling the Widcomm drivers, reinstalling both the new and old version of PC Suite, but nothing got it syncing again. In the end I've had to use System Restore to go back prior to my installation of 6.85.

It's still not fixed properly - the bluetooth drivers keep trying to re-reinstall themselves and the bluetooth tray app crashes on startup.

IF I sort something out, I'll post back here
Ads

Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 AM
BDSawicki

file sync

I have installed, everything works well, the application look very nice now and - most importantly - file sync NOW WORKS PROPERLY!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

The new Multimedia Message Factory seems to not be able to send Multimedia Messages from PC any more. I got the new MMF when the new PC Suite came out.

Old 15-12-2007, 08:52 AM

Hardeep1singh is on a distinguished road
Nokia 6.85 does not support WIDCOMM drivers on Vista. if you check system requirements for installing it on Vista, the name WIDCOMM is missing for some shady reason.

Tried searching a lot over the internet, can't find an answer 'WHY?'

Old 24-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Question Vista calender doesnt work!

Has anybody had problems with this? The drop down menu finds the Vista calender option but cannot load my calender??

Old 15-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Doesnt find all contacts on phone?

When I synch I only get ~30% of my contacts from the phone?

Old 24-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Vista Sync doesn't work

I'm having trouble syncing with the vista calendar and my 6131. The phone sends everything to the computer but none of the scheduled events appear in my Windows Calendar. There's bound to be a way of fixing it but it's still quite frustrating...

Old 02-03-2008, 08:39 AM
tmov81

Angry Nokia PC Sync + Windows Calendar time zone problem

I live in Sydney and have my laptop and my Nokia 6110 Navigator set to Sydney (GMT+10) time.

Whenever I try to sync my phone calender to the laptop (Windows Vista Calendar) the times get all messed up (ie 10 hours out).

I cannot find an answer to this problem on the net, and the only solution i see at this stage is either set my phone or my laptop to GMT time (which ain't gonna happen unless i move to greenwich)

balls :(

Old 25-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Syncing with symbian

Try MyPhoneExplorer at http://www.fjsoft.at/en/