All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60 > N-Gage

Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Real Football 2009 limps onto the pitch, lacks sparkle

It's another weak Gameloft mobile game conversion for N-Gage, I'm afraid, with Real Football 2009 not even making the 50% score mark. Ewan reckons that despite some nice graphics here and there, it falls down on default control keys, on gameplay, on sound effects and on responsiveness. Still, I guess you can always try the demo for yourself? Comments welcome!

Read on in the full article.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:40 AM

lumothesinner is on a distinguished road
no point even trying the demo, its a gameloft demo so you can only play for about 20 seconds before the game restarts. poor effort and game again from gameloft.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
What depresses me is that Nokia and some of the other publishers on N-Gage come up with pretty good games that get good reviews and loyal fans, but when you look at the sales charts it's rubbish from Gameloft and EA which tops them week after week.

It's as if quality doesn't really matter that much in determining sales, the poor games consistently outsell the good games.

This isn't just on N-Gage either, it's a general phenomenon in gaming since sales charts began back in the 1980s.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:35 AM

richersiamon is on a distinguished road
Smile mobile games

actually i never try to play game on mobile, now try it......

Old 08-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

U never mentioned anything about Bluetooth multiplayer, or is that a flop too

Old 08-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
U never mentioned anything about Bluetooth multiplayer, or is that a flop too
Sorry, there was Bluetooth multiplayer? Where? Can;t mention something if it's not there
-- Twitter: @ewan

Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Nope, no bluetooth multiplayer as far as I can tell. Asphalt 4 has it, so does ONE, so it is possible on N-Gage but RF2009 doesn't have it.
Ads

Old 08-04-2009, 05:34 PM

wampyre is on a distinguished road
That was one of the funnier reviews I've read. Great explanations and warning on keeping away from this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzer2 View Post
What depresses me is that Nokia and some of the other publishers on N-Gage come up with pretty good games that get good reviews and loyal fans, but when you look at the sales charts it's rubbish from Gameloft and EA which tops them week after week.

It's as if quality doesn't really matter that much in determining sales, the poor games consistently outsell the good games.

This isn't just on N-Gage either, it's a general phenomenon in gaming since sales charts began back in the 1980s.
I actually understands that, mobile gaming was and will still be a little niche in terms of how willingly the users are to spend time to play advanced and long games. And it's really also already a fact that either you like the Gameloft games or you don't. (They do have some good titles such as Brain Challenge).

This overall it the reason why I usually tend to stay away from buying the Gameloft games on N-gage. (I've bought / aquired licenses for 18 N-gage 2.0 games so far). I've got two from them being Brain Challenge and Brothers In Arms, the latter one dissapointing me by not letting me put the musicplayer in the background and getting 'lag' on my N82.

COTD is still one of the better ones out there as well as PSG.

I think however the main reason is that people tend to stick with brands that they know. I can for instance not remember who made COTD or RS but I do know that these games are good. People simply have to put their focus on other things than just the brand.

Last edited by wampyre; 08-04-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Corrected some spelling.

Old 20-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

welcome

jerhsy