All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-11-2003, 08:08 AM

sorg is on a distinguished road
Bluetooth serial link not established

Hi,
I have a Nokia 7650, On my PC i have a bluetooth USB adpter sold as from APM trade mark but it is detected as a zeevo product. I use it with he Widcomm stack 1.3.27 .
The bluetooth seems to workquite well as i can see my phone, send photos and files from and to my nokia 7650 and establish an internet connection using my 7650as a modem.

BUT: I would like to use Nokia PC suite and i can't because i am not able to establish a serial link connection via BT. When i want to do that, i can see the bluetooth point on the phone screen becoming active a few second then it become inactive and he PC tell me that the serial link as been shut down on the phone side....

The mrouter icon becomes never active and i can't use the nokia PC suite

Please help me!!!!!

Thank you and sorry for my poor English
Ads

Old 19-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Try ticking and unticking mRouter COM ports(Form 2 to 6 usually) and try starting the Serial Port connection more then once after it failed.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 19-11-2003, 02:28 PM

I have tried that hundreds and hundreds of time.... sometimes i have weird thing:
I attempt to established a connection on the virtual bluetooth serial port wich is com5 . The Phone abort the connection for an unknown reason , as i have explained in my first post. Then sometimes after one or two ssecond, the hone tries to established the serial link. the PC ask me if i want o allow the connection, and if i say "OK" , the link is established on com6. Sometimes if the com6 was ticked in mrouter , the systray icom becomes blue and green.... But, Nokia PC suite still refuse to work, it ask me to connect the phone, and when i click OK, nothing happen. I have to click on "close" to quit the software.

Old 19-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
If the icon becomes blue and green like you explained it means that the connection has been established.PC Suite should work fine after that.If it doesn't then you have a problem with PC Suite,not with Bluetooth,are you running the latest version of PC Suite?

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 20-11-2003, 07:36 AM

I am running the version that was on the CD.
I don't know wich release it is. The icon become blue ang green but that is only sometimes.... not at each try.

Old 20-11-2003, 08:52 PM

rugster10 is on a distinguished road
download the new version from the nokia web site