All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-10-2010, 12:17 PM

Dragon_2k is on a distinguished road
N8 - problems transferring music and video, help please!!

Hi all I need some help transferring music and video as the title suggests!!

the short version of the story is that I am trying to place music and video on to my new 32gig sd memory card and no matter how I do it I run in to trouble I have even tried restoring to factory defaults but still have the same issue even with the original video files that came installed on the phone (the tron legacy trailers)...

No matter what format video I use .mpg .avi .mp4 .dcf .m4v 9 times out of 10 I get errors on the phone after transferring the file errors are usually "unable to playback file"

The long version!

At first I was just connecting the phone via USB to my pc and leaving the phone in the "nokia ovi suite" mode and opening windows explorer to drag and drop video files in to the relevant folders on the phone memory card but on nearly ever format of video used I was asked to convert the file first (gets converted to .wmv) say I queue up 10 vids this takes about 2 hours and at the end of it maybe only one of the videos will actually play :S

I then tried this same technique in usb "mass storage mode" now here I wasnít asked to convert the videos and the transfer went a lot quicker but I get the same problem about most of the videos not working, the weird thing was some of the avi files would work and not others and this was the same for all the file types pretty much so I know the phone can play back that particular extension but why some and not others??

Then tested again in media transfer mode and again the same problems. At this point I gave up with drag and drop and tried to use windows media player to create a sync list and do it that way, after 2 hours of syncing I looked on my phone and not a single file was to be found anywhere.

It is driving me crazy!! Can someone please explain in a step by step routine how I can transfer video and music (with album art) to my memory card? I prefer the drag and drop methods because then I can structure the folders how I like which ovi suite and ovi player donít let me do that... or not that I have found, and they also ask that I convert the files even the ones I know that can be played

Thanks in advance for all help!!

Old 20-10-2010, 10:38 PM

LoubieLou is on a distinguished road
N8

HI just used my old N82 data cable on My N8 an connect to Nokia Ovi Music Player,an Transfered my music an Albums covers to my N8 very simple,an you have to download Nokia Ovi Suite to transfer videos,an everything as worked o.k,contact Nokia care on 08450455555 an ask a advisor for help,as they help me sort out my N8 when the phone froze,an couldn"t use it for a bit but the advisor sorted my N8
Ads

Old 21-10-2010, 10:28 PM

Dragon_2k is on a distinguished road
Spokr to nokia apparently i got some corrupted files in my phone so getting iy swapped out :S