All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-07-2007, 08:31 PM

zandner is on a distinguished road
Calendar alarms - switching off completely?

I've been bugged by this for the last couple of months, and just can't find a solution anywhere - I'm really hoping someone on here can help me!

I connect my N95 to my car's Parrot bluetooth system. When the phone rings, it cuts into the car speakers and rings through the car speakers. All of that works great.

The problem comes when a calendar reminder is triggered - even though I've set the "calendar alarm tone" to "Off", the screen still flashes and the phone is clearly outputing a signal which makes the bluetooth kit think the phone's ringing!
Hence, I get silent car stereo for the minute-or-so that the reminder flashes away. A few mins later, it does it again!

I'd be quite happy to completely switch off all the calendar reminders on the phone globally, but there appears to be no way. I can't remove the alarms from each calendar entry, as they're my work reminders and when I'm at my desk I find them useful....

Anyone help?

Old 26-07-2007, 08:58 AM

ianmx5 is on a distinguished road
I'd like to know this also.....anyone?

Old 26-07-2007, 05:51 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
I don't thinks such an app exists, but it could be written (one that runs through all the appointments on the phone and disables any alarms found in them).
Ads

Old 26-07-2007, 07:51 PM

That sort of app would solve it one-off, but when it then sync'd again with outlook, it would clear all the alarms?
All I need to do be able to do is simply switch-off the functionality which checks the calendar and triggers an alarm/reminder - then it would be irrelevent whether there was a reminder on the appointment, it simply wouldn't trigger?

Old 26-07-2007, 08:08 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
That type of an app would be harder to do.

Old 26-07-2007, 08:20 PM

daffie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandner View Post
That sort of app would solve it one-off, but when it then sync'd again with outlook, it would clear all the alarms?
All I need to do be able to do is simply switch-off the functionality which checks the calendar and triggers an alarm/reminder - then it would be irrelevent whether there was a reminder on the appointment, it simply wouldn't trigger?
I was thinking maybe this works with something like Best Profiles. It let's you add functionailty to the standard Nokia N95 profiles. I use it for whenever my phone is on the charger (esp. for in car use), it switches to profile "charging" (this is just one of the standard profiles but I renamed it) and keeps screen lit all the time.

Best Profiles doesn't have a function to switch off calender alarms, but maybe some other Profiles software has ?

Last edited by daffie; 26-07-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:09 PM

I've tried Best Profiles, which seems pretty good but doesn't seem to cater for this.

Anyone else got any hacks or ways around this? There MUST be some way to just switch the calendar reminders off, full-stop?!?