All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Nokia 6670 - the next Series 60 phone?

A UAProf (User Agent Profile) for an unannounced Series 60 phone has appeared on Nokia's website. A UAProf is a machine readable description of a mobile phones capability/specifications. The UAProf for the 6670 shows that this is a Series 60 2.1 Symbian 7.0s handset (the same as the 7610) with a 16 bit 176x208 screen. There isn't any information about how the phone looks, but this is likely to be the anticipated business version of the 7610 / upgrade of the 6600.

Of course being a Series 60 2.1 phone suggests that this is likely to be a GSM / GPRS / EDGE phone rather than a 3G phone (an option which is added in the Series 60 feature packs). The 3G 6630 runs Series 60 2.6 and Symbian 8.0b. Series 60 2.1 includes support for more recent specifications (MIDP 2.0, OMA DRM restrictions, WAP 2.0). The phone definetely has Bluetooth. It support HTML 4 but not Javascripts (it seems likely that the browser will be the same as the 7610).

Nokia have several Series 60 phones left to introduce this year (3 to 5), and it seems likely that the 6670 will be one of these. This is likely not the long rumoured CDMA Series 60 phone (the model number would end in 5), but we speculate that a CDMA Series 60 is not far away from being announced.

Old 09-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
You might note that:
<prf:SupportedBearers>
<rdf:Bag>
<rdf:li>GPRS</rdf:li>
<rdf:li>CSD</rdf:li>
</rdf:Bag>
</prf:SupportedBearers>

suggests GSM, GPRS but NOT EDGE (shame).

Thanks to Jim for pointing that out to me.

Old 24-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Yow Chuan

Anyway I can get the Browser Agent Header for Nokia 6670?

Thanks in advance.

</YC>

Old 12-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

One question

Hello, i need your help if possible.

I open some profile.xml files but i need one guide to interpret the contents of the file, for example:
I develop some aplications for terminals but i want to know if terminal support it.

My purpose is get xml profile and parse it into a DB, but i dont know whats mean each atributte of the xml file, there is some RFC or similar specfication to learn more about or i must do: try-error method?

Thanks, Elfokab

Old 12-09-2008, 05:01 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Using a 4-year old thread to ask something that has nothing to do with the original thread isn't a likely way to get intelligent replies.

Anyway, there're no RFCs for XML file contents. To understand the XML file structure, go to the originator (check first it a DTD is already provided).

If with "profile.xml" and asking on a phone discussion forum, do you perhaps refer to UAProf info?

E.g., files like this one: http://nds1.nds.nokia.com/uaprof/NN96-1r100.xml

If so, look up UAProf on, e.g., http://www.openmobilealliance.org or look it up using Google.

Also, for Nokia phone application developers, see the discussion forums on http://forum.nokia.com

Old 15-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

ups

Ouch, i see the post date after i wrote it sorry. And really thanks for your help.
When i starts my search about this i read the post and see that it talk about mobile funtionalities and no wait any response thank you very much, now i go to follow the links.

Bye