All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 AM

dsb is on a distinguished road
Should I be concerned

I have an E71 and an E52 the E52 is very buggy so I check on a number of Symbian sites each day for news of a firmware update, what I am noticing is the complate lack of news or development of the non touch symbian devices. I know they are bringing out new models i.e. E72 but all the news and exciting happenings are about touch screens. I like having uptodate technology but it also has to have style and my friends N97 is far too gimmicky and everthing looks shoe horned into it, I have another friend who has a HTC Hero and I was blown away by this device with its total intergration . I dont want to start a which is better Symbian or whatever but I would like other peoples views on non touch screens devices, are we heading down a blind ally with them and Symbian (dont include Maemo) or is the future bright.
Ads

Old 09-10-2009, 11:50 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Post your findings

Nokia is reading the several Nokia forums . Recent example :
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=88742
So post you findings like this one :
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=87369
Another way of using a smartphone happily is sticking to your trusty E71 , untill a mature firmware comes for baby E52 . I still use my E90 with only 322 Mhz with pleasure .
BTW you know that many people only show the mindblowing features of their new phones , but don't talk the downsides , like touch irritations or worse .

Regards jApi NL