All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-09-2008, 10:45 AM

mac612 is on a distinguished road
N95 Keypad Lock/Unlock Problem

Hi everyone out there. I just wanna enquire a solution to the problem that I'm facing now with my N95. The issue is:

1) Whenever I close my slide, the keypad locks itself which is normal. But the thing is, it unlocks itself! After that locks itself again and unlocks and this process continues for sometime until it decided to stop.

2) Whenever I wanna close my slide, the screen sometimes will turn to horizontal mode from vertical and fails to lock my keypad. When I lock the keypad manually, it unlocks itself. Then lock again then unlock and continues until it decided to stop.

3) When I turn the autolock function off, the locking issue is gone where I have to lock the phone manually but the thing is, it'll unlock itself again. Then I tried to lock again manually, and the phone unlock itself again. Since I've turned the autolock function off, this is logically happening the way it should base on the issues I stated above.

4) If I don't manually lock the keypad, nor set it to autolock, the phone works fine but it'll the backlight will lit up randomly as if there's a message came in, or I pressed any keys on the phone which I didn't! I think it's gone haywired already which I dont' know why.

Solutions that I've done myself:
1) I've tried to reinstall the newest firmware again and again.
2) Tried soft reset again and again
3) Tried hard reset again and again
4) Consulted a phone repair shop about this issue and when the technician inspects my phone, he said everything seems fine with him.
5) I've found out myself that to solve this problem temporarily, I have to always shut down my phone for about 10 seconds then turn it back on. The problem will not occur again but only for a period of time about a 1-2 hours before the issues happen again.
6) I guess the reason the techician couldn't see the problem is because he has turned the phone off and turn it on again which couldn't show him the actual problem.

Conclusion:
I'm really very frustrated now. Don't know what to do. My phone's warranty is over so I couldn't afford to send it back to Nokia Service Center. Please... If anyone out there knows how to solve this issue. I would be in all ears. Thank you to all those who spend their time in understanding my grievences...
Ads