All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

spen c

symbian series 60 did do a higher resolution screen in n80 which would be better than qvga which is pushing it limit on a 2.8 inch screen

Old 13-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Unregistered

third prty apps

so can i not put my own third party apps on this like java games or even put the nokia maps software on there which pretty much free to use besides the "TURN LEFT" aspect.

Old 18-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Sudhey

There are two key things that I'm really interested in. One, as already mentioned by people earlier, is the TV out feature. Though you guys haven't mentioned it specifically, I have a sneaky feeling that it will be present in this phone.
The other thing, which is a rather technical one, is whether it has hardware acceleration which can be utilised by third party applications (read high end games), as in the N95, N82 and the N93. I hope it doesn't disappoint me on this count

Old 01-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

fast forward

does anyone know if you can fast forward video on this phone, i know in the review it says you can do this as you please, but i havent found a way to do it in the past 3 hours of searching

Old 10-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Gizzzmoz

A fault or what???

Hey guys.. Tht is one review tht would have made me run to samsung store as soon as I finished reading...but I saw few irregularities (if they are)
Can you clarify one screenshot plz. In the shot the ''camera'' word is cut off. Is this an actual screenshot frm the phone or a shot frm some s60 emulator being run on the pc??? Also there are circles over tools,settings etc in the same screenshot. Does tht show running applications or what???
if all the pics are actual screenshots,thn I would say that the battery drained out pretty fast (...in one noon as you said)...
Plz reply.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Gizzzmoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
does anyone know if you can fast forward video on this phone, i know in the review it says you can do this as you please, but i havent found a way to do it in the past 3 hours of searching
if this phone is a standard s60 device and video is playing on real player thn you can fast forward the video by pressing the joystick up (keep pressing for a few seconds as u do in a DVD player with FFW/NEXT key)...opposite for rewind.

Old 24-01-2009, 05:10 AM
vgrigor@mail.ru

Slowly working garmin

why so SLOWLY WORKING GARMIN ?
(in comparison with Nokia N95)

car navigation is critical for many people,
some actions on the way can make delay for tens of seconds for one action or minutes on big picture...

DISGRACE!!! Lead must not loose so much on most serious application.

how to correct this?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Trond

Secondary camera resolution?

Hello,
Do any of you know what type of resolution it is in the camera infront,
the one you use for video calls?
I hope it is VGA, if its not this phone is not complete after my opinion.
Ads

Old 07-05-2009, 04:56 AM
q8guy

Angry i love and and i hate it!

i have both of them but the sumsung it's much better the nokia but the battrey of samsung it's the wors eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer it's work only 6 hours!!! and the nokia more then full day i wish the suamsung start selling new bettery for this mobile.