All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 06-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
You show the route, once uploaded, by simply embedding their clipboard-copied code. Takes 2 seconds 8-)

Just try it, I was surprised at how quick it was!

Old 06-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Thanks Krisse, found it but Im more concerned about nokia directing people to a betting site!

Steve, embed what? I have a blank screen on my webpage - by getting the code generated from the blogger thing - , and I have uploaded at least one workout (without pictures - I dont want any on there) but nothing goes.

Just a black screen, sadly :(

Is there some actual code I need to add into the code that gets generated from the site?

Or does it just (in theory) display your latest workout upload?

Last edited by bartmanekul; 06-05-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Ads

Old 06-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
bartmanekul - may be the same problem I'm having with the embedding - i.e. it not being seen in Firefix. I just tried your username (guessed it) and it worked fine.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

I think its something else. Just tried the facebook version - that works fine.

The flash bit loads fine, theres just nothing in the box. Im using IE and have refreshed it a fair few times.

Tried it in FF and it says I need Javascript and Flash - but I have the most recent versions of both.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

What would be interesting to see is whether the widget gets updated everytime a new workout is done.

I have managed to get this into a blog post so the route is shown next to some comments that are relevent for that particular workout. If the widget then changes to a new route after my next workout, then that particular blog post becomes something of a nonsense. I will find out after another walk I'll track tonight.

Apologies that I'm not comfortable sharing the blog with you as it is rather personal.

One other thing, I've manage to input a route exported from Viewranger as a *.gpx, which is very nice. I look forward to seeing if I can use Sports Tracker to follow the route...

Old 07-05-2008, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

We know where you go

Now the world is able to trace your steps. Giving away more of our privacy to the criminals, now they know what walk you do every morning and evening...

I don't like being negative but it is something we have to be aware off...

Old 07-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Unregistered

If I use "Live sharing" feature, does it show my status on this widget also?

Old 07-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now the world is able to trace your steps. Giving away more of our privacy to the criminals, now they know what walk you do every morning and evening...

I don't like being negative but it is something we have to be aware off...
Or, you could just turn it off?

And considering the user chooses which workouts to upload, its not exactly giving away our privacy.

Somehow I cant see organised crime making use of sports tracker.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy .

I have just downloaded the latest Sports Tracker, but I still can't see the map in the background as it is shown on the screenshot above (first picture with the Maps & Photography site) while doing the walking just gray blankness.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:07 PM

lovesign is on a distinguished road
Yup, downloaded, installed widget on Facebook and everything works fine except I don't see the map in the Sports Tracker app on the phone. There is just a blank square where the map is supposed to be :(

Any ideas ??

I Hate People Who Take Drugs.....

Customs Men For Example

V 22.0.110
(Custom Version 22.0.110.C01.01)
11-06-10
RM-505
Nokia N97

v 21.0.004
(Custom Version 21.0.004.209.03)
01-07-2010
RM-559
Nokia X6-00

6110 > 7110 > 6210i > 8210 > 7650 > 6600 > 6680 > N73 > N95 > 5800> N97 > X6

Old 07-05-2008, 11:16 PM

Wolfcat is on a distinguished road
Even works for aircraft as well :-)

http://www.wolfcat.com.au/randomrant.../05/postid-42/

this is a track I made whilst flying across Australia a month or so ago,

Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesign View Post
Yup, downloaded, installed widget on Facebook and everything works fine except I don't see the map in the Sports Tracker app on the phone. There is just a blank square where the map is supposed to be :(

Any ideas ??
Err... blank square? When doing a track, you can use up/down to cycle screens.... And are you sure you actually pressed 'Start'? I've done several walks, looked down and realised that everything's still zero because I forgot to press 'Start'!!

Steve

Old 08-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitchfield View Post
Err... blank square? When doing a track, you can use up/down to cycle screens.... And are you sure you actually pressed 'Start'? I've done several walks, looked down and realised that everything's still zero because I forgot to press 'Start'!!

Steve
that's all nice and pretty.
but on the very first picture of the page showing that phone with Sports Tracker running, you can see a MAP on the phone's screen, whereas all we can see on our screens is an empty gray background surrounded by the usual speed/distance/time indicators.

that's the puzzling bit.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

I like the idea of exporting routes/workouts from your phone to the web but surely importing routes from PC/web to your phone then using Sports Tracker to ... track them would be a great feature? Plan your walk/run/sailing trip online, download it to your phone and then follow the route - makes sure you don't get lost on some bleak hillside or get lost out at sea!

Old 17-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Kalle999

How do you change the size of the screen where map appears?