All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-09-2012, 02:11 AM

nwerneck is on a distinguished road
Exchange ActiveSync not working right

Until last week I was a very happy N8 owner, and I used Exchange ActiveSync with my gmail account, syncing mail ("always on"), calendar and contacts.

The other day there was an update of Microsoft stuff that went on to remove as fast as possible. A few days after that I went out of space in C:. Lots of things went bad, of course, including e-mail.

That's what prompted me to first try to re-install the system via the Nokia Suite in my Windows machine. The process seemed fine, but there was something weird with the e-mail. I could download e-mails, but it wouldn't sync properly (I configured to be always on all the time every day but new mail were not showing up), and the contacts were never synced.

Now I tried a *#7370#. Configuring the mailbox seemed fine, and it download my current mail. But now I started playing again wiht the configuration, and then suddenly the mail program will get stuck in an "Updating" window. It just keeps there, and it never finishes updating.

Does anyone have any idea what can be going on? What else can I try?

Thanks.
Ads

Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 AM

nwerneck is on a distinguished road
I believe I found the solution to this problem. It was something involving the certificate. I think when you configure you can't accept the first certificate that the program offers you, from gmail.com. You must _cancel_ and then you set the correct domain (or is it server?) to m.google.com. I also deleted the old certificate before re-configuring, and then it started working again.

So apparently having a problem with the certificate does not completely prevent the syncing from working... I had this problem that was not well diagnosed. I hope that was really it. So if someone have this problem, try messing around with the certificate.

Old 20-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Banned

SDK is on a distinguished road
I think there are a lot of users often when in charge to leave her cell phone, in fact this will be very easy to hurt mobile life, because in charging process, cell phone circuit board will fever, at this time if there is foreign phone, may produce instant return current, the mobile phone internal damage parts