All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Giff Gaff Goody Bags now even better value

We’ve been following the Giff Gaff story at All About Symbian with interest since this community supported virtual network launched last year, and they’ve recently announced some price changes suggested and supported by their users. Read on for more information.

Read on in the full article.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

I understood that they had settled on pricing for non-goodybag data some weeks ago. Until Dec 1st data is free, then:

Free Mobile Internet:
You lucky giffgaff pioneers can even enjoy free UK mobile Internet up to the 1st of December 2010. After that date, mobile Internet will be charged at 50p a day (if you use less than 2.5MB/day you'll pay less than 50p and if you go over 30MB you'll be charged extra at 20p/MB). But all our goodybags that include unlimited Internet will continue including unlimited Internet after the 1st of Decembe

I found this on their website under "pricing" funnily enough.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

"and as a result haven't had to deposit any more cash to the network since my initial top up late last year, but I'm still connected and making calls each month."

So basically all these posts you keep making about GiffGaff on AAS are so you get lots of free credit?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Talking

giffgaff is honestly amazing. not only the people that made it but the people who help with the community.
anyone can help and in doing so you can earn a bit of money on the side.
i earned 10.26 last month by doing what id call a 5minute job, i sent 20 emails to my friends, i dont care if i bugged them and if they hate me now because if one of those 20 people actually signed up id have my credit for about 2months and also a friend who i can call and text for free just for being on the same network.

those 20emails i sent gave me 10, they didnt even have to look at them.
the community section is great, if you have any problem its either been resolved, or will be in a matter of minutes or hours if you post the problem the the forms.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Unregistered v1:
Yes but in the forums they're still disussing it, and it could change.

Unregistered v2:
Nope, the AAS posts aren't going to credit, but talkting to people about Giffgaff when they ask me about networks et al does count.
-- Twitter: @ewan

Old 07-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

daughter, fiftez

"i sent 20 emails to my friends, i dont care if i bugged them and if they hate me now "

That attitude is why I really hate this model. If GiiffGaff sent emails to people who didn't want them it would be called spam; so instead they get their customers to do it so they can dress it up as 'community'. It's not. It's spam.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:26 PM

oscillik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"i sent 20 emails to my friends, i dont care if i bugged them and if they hate me now "

That attitude is why I really hate this model. If GiiffGaff sent emails to people who didn't want them it would be called spam; so instead they get their customers to do it so they can dress it up as 'community'. It's not. It's spam.
that's funny. i've been on giffgaff since april, and within my first 3 months of being on the network, i earned 46 from just contributing to the forums. no spamming, no sending emails. just helping out, answering questions and browsing the forum.

you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, and are just trying to badmouth the network.
Ads