All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 20-05-2010, 05:34 PM

Jowls is on a distinguished road
A very interesting discussion Ewan - looking forward to part two.

As a former Palm-user I have yet to see a PIM on a phone that can match the one on my old PDA in flexibility. A related area in which Palm seemed to do a lot better than Symbian was in retaining the users data across syncronization and upgrades.

Old 21-05-2010, 07:46 AM

sashford is on a distinguished road
Interesting discussion - I hope something comes of it.
Personally I would like to see a week view that looks like the Psion Agenda's week view, which itself was based on every pocket diary that was ever produced and most 'week view' desk diaries. The nature of my work and home life means that I tend to view time in 'half-day' chunks rather than hour by hour. Psion's week view means that I can see what I am doing over a week, and when I am free to (say) attend an off-site meeting or stay away for a couple of days.

Old 24-05-2010, 06:50 PM

Ammar_Dento is on a distinguished road
Happy to see many people talking about PIM so if Nokia will not fix it in S^3 a 3rd party apps can fix the problems.

I like to add these suggestions and sorry for my english language.

1. Grouping several tasks,appointment and notes into one Project. (Buy gift task, Birthday party appointment in one project for example) but its very useful in business.
2. Now task is either active or completed.....what about 50% completed?
3. About integration with Contacts. After finishing a call the phone should ask me if i wanna create a new appointment or task,write a note and so on. this should be there even for feature phones and its not an advanced option.

Old 15-06-2010, 11:12 PM

supa-shoppa is on a distinguished road
One thing I miss from my previous S40 phone in the PIM application is the CALL field. Many times in my sales related business I just want to quickly and simply remind myself to call somebody on a certain date and time.

On S40 you can select the call field in the PIM section and then simply scroll through your contact list and it would automatically input the name without having to type it in, the whole think took barely a few clicks!

On S60 I have to make a generic meeting/memo/to-do entry and then actually have to type.. call..and then..type for example 'David Smith' On predictive text with this example it's not too arduous, but lets say the name is David Lerbeski or something. I then have to mess around switching to single text input for each individual character because there is no way the predictive text is going to recognise that name. Unbelievably complicated and time consuming! Its used to take me barely a few clicks on S40, I just shake my head and mutter every time I have to manually type in the name to remind myself to call someone on my expensive smartphone, drives me nuts!
Ads