All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-04-2009, 10:06 AM
ThisGuy

Horrible Article

SF article is horrible, its only lengthy because the grammar is very poor at best. AAS, please stop using SF articles as reference. Please stop posting SF's reviews.....I can not read through one paragraph and not wince at how bad the grammar is.

Old 13-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
@ThisGuy: Agreed, but in this case I made an exception because the author brought out several interesting points borne out of everyday use (e.g. the easily damaged and hard to replace INNOV8 screen)....

Old 13-04-2009, 01:39 PM

hargs48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
SF article is horrible, its only lengthy because the grammar is very poor at best. AAS, please stop using SF articles as reference. Please stop posting SF's reviews.....I can not read through one paragraph and not wince at how bad the grammar is.
The grammar may be shoddy at times but surely the content of the article is more important...

And SF does have a massive fan base and most active forum group for providing assistance for Symbian devices

Old 13-04-2009, 04:06 PM

xerxes is on a distinguished road
Bypassing Symbian's security is not in any sense "illegal".

If the security can be bypassed by installing an application the user is simply exploiting an error in the original design. The most that can be said is that the user might be in breach of contract.

Old 14-04-2009, 05:44 AM

richardyates is on a distinguished road
Did you ever finish the AAS review of the 8510?

Old 19-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy

This is very disappointing for a site and a team that thinks of itself as clean and does produce quality content. You could, and should, have avoided the obnoxious "it takes a lot for us to link to symbian freak" comment. A simple link would have sufficed. There is enough animosity amongst the general web community and we certainly don't need it between two highly respected and talented websites. What exactly were you trying to say, slitchfield? Were you defending yourself, detaching yourself? "Hey the link is dirty, but we are clean, and we are doing them dirty buggers a favour by linking to an article of theirs" kind of thing? Hardly seems so. Then what in the world were you thinking?! Were you apologizing to your "fans"? That would be too much. I won't be wrong if I assume that a lot of us have enough respect for your site to be frequent visitors. Please don't destroy the respect by maligning other sites. It's a honest "be-good" advice, please don't think of this as flaming or trolling.

Old 19-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
Stop wincing, stop reading. Simple. Don't go looking for perfect prose and grammar here. It's not the place, your Wren and Martin is. Get your head out and look at what is important here. The content, not the grammar. My appraisal of this site went down two notches when slitchfield actually replied to this guy's grammar complaint. Sigh. Ok, you want proper grammar? Here is your post, edited with proper grammar. Missing words in bold :
THE SF article is horrible, it's (you forgot the apostrophe) only lengthy because the grammar is very poor at IT'S best. AAS, please stop using SF articles as A reference. Please stop posting SF's reviews. (no multiple dots.) I cannot (one word, cannot) read through one paragraph and (you don't use not twice to make another negative. So deleted the extra 'not') wince at how bad the grammar is.