All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 17-03-2010, 03:43 PM

comnut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can anybody tell us why can't play YouTube video from Opera mobile 10 on Nokia 5800?
youtube needs flash, and also has just redesigned it's website, that even Opera for desktop is having problems with!!

Old 24-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Nokia 5800 user

Opera Mobile 10 Impressions

Iíve been using Opera Mobile 10 for a couple of days on my Nokia 5800 and these are my impressions.

Itís stability is excellent, much less crash happy than Nokia Web.

Usability. It handles navigating through menus and shortcuts on web pages quite intuitively and with tabbed browsing overall web navigation is very good. The browser menus and settings are intuitive and easy to navigate. The only shortfall is that it only seems to support basic browsing, no RSS that I can find or Flash compatibility. It does seem to work with youtube by opening video clips (Mp4 format) in Real Player and plays them as streaming content which is pretty nice.

It looks good. The rendering engine is very good. With Opera Turbo turned off itís a little slow but page layout, text and images all look as good as on my desktop. With Opera Turbo on Images take quite a quality knock but it does speed up browsing quite a bit, so choose what you want, speed or quality.

Iíve started using Opera Mobile as my default browser for my everyday phone web browsing, itís quick, easy to navigate, it looks good and most of all itís stable. If I have to navigate anything that needs flash or anything else fancy I still have Nokia Web as a backup.

A final side note is that I tried Opera mobile Beta a while back and Opera Mobile 10 is worlds better for stability, speed, compatibility and usabilit
Ads