All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Wow!!

This browser is just about to convince me to keep my N95-3 and sell my N97.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:49 AM
Banned

pollyanna03 is on a distinguished road
hi

hello Glad to see you here Hope you all have good days

Old 11-11-2009, 11:18 AM
samstokes

@Unregistered, thanks for pointing out the long press. On my non-touch E71, long-pressing the Select key in the middle of the D-pad pulls up a menu allowing cut, copy and paste. So I can turn inline editing back on! ... unfortunately as others have pointed out inline editing mode is still an imperfect emulation of the device's normal input method: e.g. predictive QWERTY doesn't work, I can't press Enter, hence the lack of paragraph breaks in this comment, and there's no way to bring up the Insert Symbol menu.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Smile Opera 10 beta

I installed opera beta 10 on my Nokia 5530XP ...it gives a better performance than OperaMini [All Vers]. It delivers a richer content and fonts are also in a better readable form. Rendering is done part by part so as one moves down the blank screen starts showing the details. It give a almost desktop browser experience. I think we should not expect 100% a desktop experience on a mobile screen...franklly i am thinking can it get better than this. Though it has got a lot of bugs. It freezes on many sites and one has to restart the phone to close the applications. Also it lacks a RSS feed utlity like opermini. I am not sure as i have used it for just a day.
Still i congratulate the Opera Team for this nice product.

Old 16-11-2009, 08:42 AM

jmacg is on a distinguished road
Unable to activate Opera Mobile 10 on my Nokia E71

I have installed Opera Mobile 10 on my E71 and scrolled to the bottom of the licence agreement to click on the Accept link. But I can't do that because the scroll pointer doesn't go down far enough to activate the Accept button. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a way around it?

I've been using Opera 5 Beta, but I get frustrated with its slow loading. Mobile 10 loads MUCH faster and I'm hoping to switch to it.

Old 19-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Opera Mobile

i think opera 10 mobile for symbian fons are great and improvement. Can anyone help me with this problem. when you are typing a message in the web browser or editing something using the opera browser, how do you move to the next paragraph as i know to move to the next paragraph you press on the * button or keypad 1 on my nokia n95 but dis tyme it is not working for me.

Old 19-11-2009, 03:01 PM

r-486 is on a distinguished road
Copy and paste is possible for N86 and other models by holding D-pad. I never got a memory error, but I try to keep as much memory free as possible for the phone memory. Apps go to mass memory. Data goes to memory card. The N97 has 128MB RAM. How you guys have memory problems when my phone only has 74.7MB of RAM? I guess if all fails change disk cache size by going to opera:config. I just bookmarked it into the Opera bookmark folder as I can't delete it anyway.

Last edited by r-486; 19-11-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Ads

Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Dakkk

Great program

For me it is an amazing re-discovery. I was using it for years, on and off. Now though, it is the best browser I have used on a mobile phone. I really love it! Pitty you have to pay for it... oh wait, you don't not anymore. Good stuff! THe PC version is finally pitch perfect for my taste too.
Opera Turbo is a fantastic thing too.