All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-04-2003, 05:16 PM

Woollie is on a distinguished road
New startup and shutdown animations

Can someone send me the startup.mp4 and shutdown.mp4 (I think they are mp4) files from the R2D release. When I restored my backup after the upgrade I reverted to the Vodafone ones which I don't like. The new ones look nicer. Pls send them to simon@sclamb.com

Cheers.

Simon

Old 24-04-2003, 06:06 PM

jpsanders is on a distinguished road
The Sony Ericsson startup and shutdown animations are a standard part of the phone. Check out the various FAQS and forum entries on how to remove your network provider's animations using FileManager (free downloadable util).

Basically, if you get rid of Startup and Shutdown.mp4 files, then the default S.E. ones are used.

Phil

Old 24-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
Just going to ask something that has probably been asked plenty of times but I can't be arsed looking....so :2gunfire: me :roll:

Has anyone managed custom startup logos, or has settings and destructions on how to do it?

I fancy experimenting

Old 24-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
I've heard about peeps changing the standard MP4 startup file to another MP4, but it's risky business... Some people have a killed their phone putting a corrupt MP4 there..

I really don't have the guts to change it, but if you like experimenting that much just remember to play the MP4 in the P800 video player first to make sure it's a working file..
Just use file manager to locate the startup MP4 and replace it with your own.
Good luck :-?
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 24-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
Surely if it's found to not work you can remove with the PC filemanger and replace with the old one?

Old 24-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Well, this file is part of the startup process, so if you accidentally use a corrupt file, the phone might not start up at all... :(

This is what has happened to other users, and they had to reflash their phone to get it working again..
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson
Ads