All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-03-2011, 11:15 PM

matthewrleech is on a distinguished road
N8 data connection stays active after exiting Ovi Store

Just posted this to discussions.nokia.co.uk:

(link)

My N8 is on PR1.1 and the latest Ovi Store update today (to ver 2.06.00042) yet I'm still encountering the problem of Ovi Store keeping the data connections open.

I am certain that the problem is with the Ovi Store application, here's how I tested it:

1. Check that there is no wifi or 3G connection open.

2. Run Skype. Note that wifi connection is made. Close Skype. Wifi connection drops.

3. Individually repeated step 2 for Profimail, Slick, Ovi Music, Web Browser, Subway Subcard app. Wifi connection dropped as soon as each app was closed.

4. Run Ovi Store. Note that wifi connection is made. Close Ovi Store. Wifi conection stays active until I manually disconnect it.

5. Repeated steps 2&3 and noted that wifi always disconnected as soon as each app was closed.

6. Repeated step 4 and noted that wifi stayed open again after exiting Ovi Store.

Note: I have also repeated this entire process over 3G and the symptoms are identical; 3G connection stays active after exiting Ovi Store.

My final observation was that if I leave the data connection active after exiting Ovi Store and then run another app (like the ones listed in steps 2&3) that uses the open data connection, the connection stays active after exiting that app, whereas if there had been no connection to start with, the connection would drop successfully.

Question for Nokia: Why is Ovi Store doing this? Can I/we have a fix please?

Old 10-03-2011, 11:25 PM

Pawlee is on a distinguished road
this happens to me too… its been happenin to me over pr 1 and pr1.1, ive just got over it and i just remember to disconnect my 3g/wlan whenever i exit the store

annoying but not soemthin i lose sleep over

a fix would be nice though