All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 24-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Don’t forget to move your Sports Tracker data out of Nokia’s servers

Following on from the Sports Tracker news regarding the availability of the heart rate monitor, users of Sports tracker while it was under the Nokia Beta Labs flags should hopefully be aware that (a) you can import your historical data to the separate Sports Tracker website and (b) you need to do this before next Wednesday 30th June, because that’s when Nokia is switching their server off.

Read on in the full article.
Ads

Old 25-06-2010, 10:24 AM
CheesyPeteza

Beware S60 3.1 Users

I wouldn't sign up straightaway if you have a S60 3.1 phone. The system imports your old sportstracker account information when you register, but there is no app for the S60 3.1 phones yet.

This means you have to carry on using the old system, but you have already imported, so any new workouts won't be in the new system.

Unfortunately I learnt this the hard way. As no date has been set for the S60 3.1 version to be released I started looking for alternatives.

I found www.endomondo.com which I'm really happy with. It has a text to speech system which is great. There is a peptalk feature where friends can send you messages while you are running and they are converted to a voice. Also your get a summary/target converted to speech every Km/mile. Best of all it is available for all phones, Android, iPhone and symbian so all my friends and family use it now.

Thanks Sports Tracker for giving us the bare minimum of information and leaving us all guessing as to what will happen. It made me look for an alternative, and I found one which is better in a lot of ways. See ya...

Old 25-06-2010, 11:59 AM
harryvincen

Great stuff!! you have shared very useful information on the Nokia's server. I got to learn a lot from it. Thanks!!
Force Factor

Old 29-06-2010, 05:38 AM
og-e71

Angry

Yes same here – just tried to move over to new Sports Tracker with my E71 - and what to see: no application available. Hey, this is the only reason I still use a Nokia phone. But it seems to fall down.

Got feedback from Sports Tracker team – but there was no date when E71 will be supported (+ other S60 3.1 models as well). It feels the same as with Nokia Navigation. My phone is just 18 months old and still working well…

Old 29-06-2010, 09:00 AM

megapack162 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by og-e71 View Post
Yes same here – just tried to move over to new Sports Tracker with my E71 - and what to see: no application available. Hey, this is the only reason I still use a Nokia phone. But it seems to fall down.

Got feedback from Sports Tracker team – but there was no date when E71 will be supported (+ other S60 3.1 models as well). It feels the same as with Nokia Navigation. My phone is just 18 months old and still working well…
There's a news item further down the front page about the Polar Bluetooth Heartrate belt, the last comment has a link to the Sports tracking Technologies Twitter page that says "they're surprised at the huge demand for E71, N95 and other S60 3.1 handsets and are working on it"

Old 29-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

yes, ok, you are adding support for my E71... but... what happens between 30th june and the release of the s60v3 fp1 version? Ca I track my trainings? I will be able to put them on the nokia server and then import them on sports-tracker.com?

Sorry for my english, hope you can understand

TIA

Old 30-06-2010, 07:20 AM

megapack162 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes, ok, you are adding support for my E71... but... what happens between 30th june and the release of the s60v3 fp1 version? Ca I track my trainings? I will be able to put them on the nokia server and then import them on sports-tracker.com?

Sorry for my english, hope you can understand

TIA
Hi, I'm not in any way related to Sports Tracking Technologies, just relaying some news that I read elsewhere.

If you pre-register on the new Sportstracker website, it will port your previously uploaded tracks accross to their database.

Carry on using the Nokia version on your E71 but you won't be able to upload to the web.

When they release the S60 v3.1 version, you can install it and it will convert all of the phone versions of the data including those that haven't been uploaded to any web service, by that time you should be able to upload all of your new tracks to their website (I've got 16 waiting to upload).

Hope this helps,

Alun.