All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-07-2009, 01:05 PM

Clyde Frog is on a distinguished road
N95 8GB: have to reset date & time after every power-on

Hi,

I recently had my N95 8GB phoned replaced via insurance. Since taking ownership of the - reconditioned - phone I have had to reset the date and time every time I turn the phone on.

This has occurred consistently with the original firmware (30.0.018) and the upgraded firmware I applied (31.0.015). This occurs whether I have 'Network operator time' turned on or off. I am using my original battery/SIM and, other than this, the phone works fine.

Would this be a hardware issue or is there anything from a software/settings point-of-view that I can change to resolve this (frustrating!) issue? Many thanks for your help!

PS I have to turn my phone off regularly due to work, leaving it on is not an option.
Ads

Old 21-01-2010, 05:41 PM

buymore is on a distinguished road
Smile Nokia n95 time resets when i turn on

well I know what your problem is and all you need to do to stop the time reset everytime you turn your phone on is first turn off the phone and then hold the green answer key the * and the 3 key whilst pressing the power button this will rest the phone and voila your problem will be solved guaranteed.

Please rememeber to back up your sim contacts to your memory card as everything will be wiped off the phone. Once this is done you will also find your phone will only need charging once every few days rather than daily.

any further advice contact me on grant@consultant.com

Old 22-01-2010, 10:32 PM

bang bang boom is on a distinguished road
What else wil it delete? How does it give the battery extended power?

Old 23-01-2010, 10:01 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Vulcan Death Grip

The Grip discussed is the VDG . It is a hard reset . This erases all personal data from the device . Only memorycard stays intact . So make a Backup first . Default Nokia securitty code = 12345 .
See my post here :
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=81021
-- Steve Litchfield VDG article
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/suppo...on_install.php

Regards jApi NL

Old 23-01-2010, 10:25 AM

bang bang boom is on a distinguished road
that dusnt explain the battery power tho

Old 23-01-2010, 05:36 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Battery Power

Battery Power is almost a completely diferent discussion . Hard reset doesn't warrant batterypower increase or anything like that .
What can happen after a hard reset , will be something like : applications or other software (ab)using the battery , are deleted . So consumption from that side is terminated .
Also settings are brought back to the factory choice . So maybe now Power Saving settings are ON again ?

Regards jApi NL

Old 24-01-2010, 11:18 AM

danieljcoates is on a distinguished road
I read somewhere that there is an internal battery like the a pc has to keep time/date current with main battery out. If it's a recon phone then it's plausible that it's just dead and needs replacing. In the mean time can you leave your phone in offline mode at work?

Old 24-01-2010, 03:00 PM

erehman is on a distinguished road
it doesn't seem a hardware issue. I don't think you need a hard formatting to solve this issue. You may soft format it or reset to factory default and the problem should be solved. If the problem is still there then the small charge device or special cell would require replacement.