All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N95 and N95 8GB

Old 04-06-2008, 09:16 AM

krzych is on a distinguished road
Ok, two first shots are BEFORE i launch camera app (original nokias), next is message, and next two are WHILE camera is running.

If this "RAM" is not RAM, how to check amount of real RAM and make camera app working AGAIN with help (before nokia software update it worked without any problem).

K.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot0013.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	4246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot0014.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	4247   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot0015.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	4248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot0016.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	4249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot0017.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	4250  

Ads

Old 04-06-2008, 09:22 AM

ironass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzych View Post
Hmm. Yep, it works even not at start, but with no app opened also (after heavy usage before). But if its not RAM then how to check RAM? Im lil confused...

K.
There's a couple of prog's I would recommend. The first one is FREE from Nokia Beta Labs and consists of two prog's, one for phone and one for your computer, that analyses the phone and can send reports on it. It's called Device Status and can be downloaded from here:-

http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/devicestatus

The other one I use a lot is Handy Taskman which shows open applications and memory status with a long key press of the Menu key:-

http://epocware.mobi/S60_3.0/Utilities/1035.html

Hope these help.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian-ross@beeb.n View Post
There's a couple of prog's I would recommend. The first one is FREE from Nokia Beta Labs and consists of two prog's, one for phone and one for your computer, that analyses the phone and can send reports on it. It's called Device Status and can be downloaded from here:-

http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/devicestatus

The other one I use a lot is Handy Taskman which shows open applications and memory status with a long key press of the Menu key:-

http://epocware.mobi/S60_3.0/Utilities/1035.html

Hope these help.
I hpe too, thanks.

And by the way if we talking about memory usage...

Any software that can detect which app is a part of the system and which is any unneeded/unwanted software spam?

Or any list of known system apps to detect malware by hand?

K.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:47 AM

Elo again.

Ive installed devicestatus and it shows that this what i called RAM before is really the RAM and its max capacity is 120MB and free amount like i posted above, about 70MB.

So, tell me again why do you claim its not RAM when three apps claims it to be RAM, and why phone does not have enough RAM to run help when it has 70MB of free RAM?

Lol.

Please, help me with care, coz im really confused with this one

K.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM

argh is on a distinguished road
Ah, okay. You replied to the message saying to use File Manager to get the memory details. That doesn't return RAM details, as far as I know (it certainly doesn't on my N95), just usage of the internal flash and memory card.

I guess you must have one of the newer N95 variants with more RAM - I keep forgetting about those - this makes it even stranger that you get out of memory warnings.

Edit: Checked your profile, and you have the N95-8GB, so that would explain the extra RAM

Last edited by argh; 05-06-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by argh View Post
Ah, okay. You replied to the message saying to use File Manager to get the memory details. That doesn't return RAM details, as far as I know (it certainly doesn't on my N95), just usage of the internal flash and memory card.

I guess you must have one of the newer N95 variants with more RAM - I keep forgetting about those - this makes it even stranger that you get out of memory warnings.

Edit: Checked your profile, and you have the N95-8GB, so that would explain the extra RAM
Yep, 8GB, and yep, its strange behaviour and where the hell is my RAM (i mean not-flash-RAM)??? Which tool can show it since devicemanager, handytaskman, activefile and y-tools shows always only flash-RAM???

K.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:51 PM

argh is on a distinguished road
Device Manager does show your RAM. The N95-8GB has 128MB total RAM, which explains the amount that you have at startup.

The original N95-1 only has 64MB and so has ~20MB free RAM at startup.

Not sure why your Help won't start up though, sorry.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:02 PM

bang bang boom is on a distinguished road
Hi all, i have an N95 8GB and im getting a "not enough memory delete phone data" message. Now how do i do a screen shot so i can explain myself properly?