All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-02-2008, 09:09 PM

shagee is on a distinguished road
Nokia N95 8gb unlockers

Any new members signed up purely to promote kingmobiles will have posts deleted.

Last edited by bartmanekul; 24-02-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Old 24-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Since many of you never venture out of the N95 forum, this link will definatly be of interest to you if your on vodafone:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=70225
Ads

Old 24-02-2008, 01:52 PM

nokiaparts is on a distinguished road
I called Vodafone on Friday and got my unlock code within about 5 minutes over the phone free of charge - and it worked perfectly

Didn't really need my handset unlocked, but I guess it will come in useful once I decide to sell it

Old 14-05-2008, 07:33 AM

friedcpu is on a distinguished road
I bought an n95 8gb in November, I think the seller got it as an upgrade and decided to sell it, fair enough. I already had a vodafone payg sim, so I have been using that ever since. But o2 are looking increasingly better, so I have thought about unlocking, and didnt really want to pay 20.

Reading this thread, I saw the Vodafone contact form posted by an employee, So i gave it ago, sent them my IMEI number, within 5hours, I had my unlock code, free of charge, I explained that I got the handset second hand, and that I had had my payg sim for over a year, and that was that. I was very suprised at how quick and easy it was.

Thank You hopefullyuseful

Old 18-05-2008, 12:06 AM

KingDingaLing is on a distinguished road
Free

I got the Unlock code for free well i think i did i better check my bill it took them about 10 mins to send me the code by email an it was unlocked in 12 mins after the call

Old 27-05-2008, 01:00 PM

jcr123 is on a distinguished road
Hi

I'm hoping one of the Vodafone 'lurkers' can help me with this one. I won an 8GB n95 in a work prize draw, but have no use for it as I already have a work supplied Blackberry on the Vodafone network. Shame, as it looks a great phone & I hate the Blackberry, but there you go.

Anyway, Vodafone supplied the prize phone & it's locked to that network. I want to either a. unlock it and sell it unlocked or b. sell it locked, but with good advice to the potential buyer - who may be a Voda customer after all - on how to unlock it.

As the phone hasn't been bought I was worried that this might be tricky for some reason. Can someone - from Vodafone or otherwise - advise?

Cheers

Old 27-05-2008, 03:25 PM

auntiewiv is on a distinguished road
I had my Nokia N95 unlocked by Vodafone a few months ago, Cost 20 and they had emailed the code to me before i'd put the phone down!!! very good experience. Just as a contrast I had my works Orange N95 unlocked by orange and it took 2 days!! Crappy Orange!

Old 28-05-2008, 12:13 PM

PhobosDeimos is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr123 View Post
Hi

I'm hoping one of the Vodafone 'lurkers' can help me with this one. I won an 8GB n95 in a work prize draw, but have no use for it as I already have a work supplied Blackberry on the Vodafone network. Shame, as it looks a great phone & I hate the Blackberry, but there you go.

Anyway, Vodafone supplied the prize phone & it's locked to that network. I want to either a. unlock it and sell it unlocked or b. sell it locked, but with good advice to the potential buyer - who may be a Voda customer after all - on how to unlock it.

As the phone hasn't been bought I was worried that this might be tricky for some reason. Can someone - from Vodafone or otherwise - advise?

Cheers
Hi jcr123.

As a Vodafone contract customer (Your Blackberry) you would be entitled to have your Nokia unlocked Free of Charge. Just click here and fill in as much info as possible. Include the code FIT135 in your main message as well as the phone make and model and IMEI number, and someone from the Forum Team will contact you back as soon as they can.

Nice and easy!

PhobosDeimos
Vodafone UK

Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 AM

baliator is on a distinguished road
Hi, I would like to use Vodafone UK contact form (https://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispat...ageID=PCU_0002), but it wouldn't allow me to input my real phone number as my number is overseas. Does any one know the email address?

Old 12-09-2008, 10:29 AM

Fraser is on a distinguished road
Wondering if someobdy could clear this up for me. I have had the same number on Vodafone for a few years now but changed from pay as you go to contract in December last year when I bought my N95 8GB. Does this mean that I can get the unlock code for free or do I still need to pay for it?

I seen the post at the top of the page about Vodafone contract phones can now be unlocked for free as they started selling them unlocked at the start of the year. Is it possible to go into my local Vodafone shop to get it unlocked?

Thanks

Old 12-09-2008, 06:56 PM

matt92 is on a distinguished road
heya guys umm... i just recently bought a Nokia N95 8GB off ebay and it should be arriving within the next couple days, but i believe the phone is locked to vodaphone as the previous owner was unsure as he had only ever used it as a contract phone and so had no need for putting other sims in it.
i just wanted to know is it likely that it will be locked even though it is an ex contract phone? and also if it is will i be able to unlock it for free through vodaphone using the service that you guys have talked about?
any help would be very much appreciated
thanks in advance,
matt

Old 21-11-2008, 12:22 PM

eviltwin_sco is on a distinguished road
hi thanks all for the info on this thread
i phoned 191 regarding
two out of contract sony erricsons vodafone
and n95 8gb out of contract vodafone

all 3 unlocked free - quick - easy - hassle free and over the phone

ty charlotte at vodafone excellent customer service

"update* :(
the sony erricsons k800 unlocked however the phones were barred after unlocked? why? inactive sim!!!!!!!
the phones were out of contract and upgraded to the n95 8gb put in a dawer for spare until today
they unlock them and barr them, nothing mentioned when they were unlocked - where is the reasoning

after calling back vodafone they confirmed phones barred and now have to wait 72hrs for barr removal grrrr

why the bar and if they can put on a bar so quick why so long to remove it????
I had no prob with n95 unlock - however this is the phone in use with my current contract.
so I conclude if vodafone unlock your phone and it is not the one in use with your current contract they will barr it??????

Last edited by eviltwin_sco; 21-11-2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: update as all was not as smooth as expected

Old 06-01-2010, 03:57 AM

mahikarthik198 is on a distinguished road
Thanks,but i have unlocked my mobile in this site http://www.mobileunlocksolutions.com/ ,it's less cost comparing to the other.