dhkites is on a distinguished road
test

Old 23-10-2006, 04:03 PM

dhkites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelster
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this sort of forum, but desperate for advice

Very excited to get my new N73 in the post the other day, and hurriedly ordered my Sandisk 2GB MiniSD card for it as I'm off on weekend to Iceland soon & will be taking TONS of pics with the fab new 3.2mp camera. Trouble is, the phone can't make it's mind up whether it can see the MiniSD card or not.

First of all it says no memory card inserted, then I take it out and try again 3 times until it does find it. So I try formatting it, and it likes that, so I rename it. Then later on I try to move some pictures and it says no memory card inserted again. Again I take it out and put it back a few times and it recognises it. Then when I try to take pictures it says there's no card so it's going to use the phone memory

I've tried the card connected to my PC with the adapter and it's working fine on the PC, so my reckoning is there's a bug in the phone. Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so could you please let me know how you got round it? I'm close to tears now, as I just got shot of my dreaded K750i that drove me round the bend with it's faults!!!

Hellllp me pleeeease....

Shel
I'm havin the same problem please help us.

Old 23-10-2006, 04:24 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
It happens also to me, with other brand of miniSD. The solution? Maybe a firmware uograde when available. Until then, make a remove card, without remove, keep the RAM clean as possible and make phone reboots. Not a only solution, but N73 is like that

Old 24-10-2006, 02:00 AM

bullzeye is on a distinguished road
Hi guys!

Big trouble here...

my N73 doesn't seem to recognize the contacts! I mean the contacts are at their place, but when somebody's calling, it shows only the number of that person ( and not the person's name as normally). Have to mention I've sent the contacts from the old 6680 through Bluetooth. Then 1 by 1 saved from Bluetooth message (Inbox) to Contacts with Options-> "save business card" .

Any solve for that?

Please help!!

Thanks in advance.

Old 24-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
Make sure you don't have any duplicate entries in your contacts. If you do, the phone will not know which contact to associate a number with and will just display the number.

This is a Nokia limitation and affects all Nokia phones.

Old 24-10-2006, 02:07 PM

bullzeye is on a distinguished road
Beer for stuclarck

@stuclark- Thanks alot !! In fact, it had lots of duplication entries, cause' most of the contacts were copied from SIM card, then from old phone memory. I was stupid enough not to think about this.

Works fine now!

Much appreciated !

Old 25-10-2006, 12:27 PM

petermh99 is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys,
I'm having a problem with my N73 starting up.
Ever since I put a memory card in it (1Gb own-branded from mymemory), it doesnt boot up properly, and any alarms i set do not go off (i turn it off overnight). I tried it this morning without the memory card and it seemed to work fine.

I get the nokia logo on the screen and it doesnt usually go away. it won't turn off either, i have to remove the battery. sometimes it works after 2/3 goes sometimes it takes longer. also sometimes the nokia logo comes up then it goes black then it comes up again and freezes.

I've just re-booted it now and it seem to have started up ok but the last few morning it has failed.

my girlfriend has an N80 and the same memory card and has no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Old 05-11-2006, 09:50 AM

mfzaman is on a distinguished road
Question A strange & unknown problem with N73

I'm totally freaked out as I have never faced or heard of such problem as I've been using symbian phones for some time now. The problem is I installed some themes a few days back and then after a couple of days I again installed some more themes but found out that the themes I installed earlier has been deleted and been repalced with the newly installed themes. I tried to install the previous themes but the phone says unable to install whereas I can install the new themes easily.

This happened to me twice today as whenever I install new themes the previous themes get deleted and cannot be installed again. It's such a weird problem.

Can anyone help me out me please? I have never faced this problem with my 6630 or N70. Plz any suggestions????

Old 09-11-2006, 03:39 AM

fexmipa is on a distinguished road
N73 can reach signal

Hi, i bought my phone unlocked in USA and i am using it on Ecuador (south america) when i was surfing i found the nokia software update and i updated my N73 unfortunately when i did it the phone wasn't able to reach any signal and connect to the network, could you please help me?? what can i do??
Ads

Old 13-11-2006, 02:04 PM

MickH1 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Constant resets/restarts

Hi guys

I'm not new here, just not been around much.
Anyways, I have a problem with my N73. In fact it even happens on my 6670 too.
The handsets will sometimes suddenly reset/restart. It mainly happens when replying to SMS's. This happens if the SMS has come from any network including my network (Vodafone). This actually drains the battery somewhat rapidly as well.
I have just recently had the N73 back from Nokia, because it died halfway through a firmware upgrade at a service centre, but it still shows the above symptoms.

Has anyone else come across this problem and is it just one of those buggy things that the Symbian O/S does every so often.

Any ideas welcome.

Old 13-11-2006, 02:48 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
For N73 install the SMS patch available from Nokia Site - Support pages.

Old 13-11-2006, 08:06 PM

MickH1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for that . I'll give that a try later, see if it makes any difference.

Old 19-11-2006, 01:07 PM

boyonthehill is on a distinguished road
The joystick has gone soft on mine, and it sticks. Getting it repaired soon...

Old 21-11-2006, 09:46 PM

antonydennis is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Installation of [app].sis is not supported

Whenever i try to install an app on my N73 I get the message on the phone:

"Installation of [app].sis is not supported."

What setting do I need to change to fix this?...

Old 27-11-2006, 02:02 AM

dr_adam is on a distinguished road
Angry Call log problem after update

Recently I updated my n73 to firmware V 3.0638.0.0.1 through nokia official site. After update I have strange problem: the call log clears itself every now and then and the phone asks to copy Contacts from SIM!!!!
Any one has the same problem?