All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-02-2010, 09:28 PM

gibgooners is on a distinguished road
nokia e71 emai

I just activate my mailbox service on my nokia E71
it works well, there's no difficulty on setting it up, but each time I switch to home-screen and then get back to mailbox, it's disconnected and I need t to connect again.

Please help

Old 25-02-2010, 10:54 AM

daanvanhooft is on a distinguished road
I have a problem with the power saver function since i updated my firmware to V 4.0839.42.0.1

The clock/date and message info that always showed in the background when my phone was inactive is gone..

See image for what i mean:

The option power save is still there but when my phone is inactive it just gives a blank screen and after 15 minutes it goes standby with the blue led light..

3rd party apps like cClock don't work either..

Is this a new ''feauture'' to save battery by nokia or am i doing anything wrong since the update

Thanx

Old 31-03-2010, 10:09 AM

ehtsham is on a distinguished road
Angry N73 Messaging Problem

I am using n73. i am unable to reply a message or forward a message. ia can only type and send a new message.
when i try to reply a message it says "Unable to send message" and in detail it says "Memeory Full". and move the message to "Outbox". when i go to "Outbox" select the message and send it, it easliy sends the message.
when i try to forward a message it displays 2 messages
  1. Memory Full
  2. Fecture not supported

when i reset with *#7370# or *#7780# or just restart the mobile the problem disppears for a little time but after 2 or three minutes the problem again appears.
there is no low memory as i check the the memory nad there are 32MB memory free.
how can i resolve it. remember that no message center issue here

Old 23-04-2010, 08:47 AM

apurva is on a distinguished road
Cant view pictures

Hello

My N73 phone has suddenly stopped showing the pictures and videos. I can shoot vidoes and click pictures but cannot view them in the phone. As soon as i open the gallery, there's nothing in there. But i can tranfer the pictures to my laptop. and can view them on my laptop as well. I've checked all the settings and stuff.. to no avail! I'd be glad if u cud help me out!
Ads

Old 26-06-2010, 04:26 AM

usman970 is on a distinguished road
call recorder

Can anbody tell me from where to download call recorder for Nokia N73.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:32 AM

paras kumar is on a distinguished road
hey can anyone help in increasing n 73 headphone volume

Old 17-08-2010, 09:26 AM

eiris1 is on a distinguished road
Is my phone being hacked?

Hi folks! I'd really appreciate some help regarding my N73 phone! For the past few weeks, it has been showing some really weird behavior! Some days back the phone reset the theme and wallpaper and everything else automatically and just froze and went back to it's default theme and settings. I had to reboot the phone and while switching on found that the date and time also had been reset and after restart, everything was still frozen. However, the weirdest thing was that the phone was showing that it's charging for sometime, even though no charger was plugged in!!!!!

I also often hear echoes while on calls. However, this I guess is normal for most networks and happens from time to time. The other major disturbing behavior of the phone is that the phone gives random warning beeps, even when the phone is locked and the backlight is off. Usually such beeps are generated when there's some notification and the backlight turns on. However, immediately when I check after these beeps, there's no notification or anything whatsoever and the backlight stays off. Also, couple days back the phone had gone to the default Nokia start up screen (white with the blue Nokia logo) on it's own and when I checked I saw it was just booting up the desktop. Since, my keypad is locked, the phone always asks for the lock code before starting up. I find all these things very perplexing and disturbing and am apprehensive that my phone is being hacked into. I would really appreciate if someone can shed light on and help me with these! Thank You in anticipation.

Old 18-08-2010, 06:47 AM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Make a Backup of personnel stuff. Do a soft format, with *#7370#. Check with Nokia Software Update if it have a new version for your phone. Then restore the content. Should work!

Old 26-09-2010, 12:00 PM

last1left is on a distinguished road
nokia n73 applications Problems

Hello all!I have a problem with my NOKIA N73!I've just managed to install new themes with the "unsis program",but what should i do if i can't install new applications??Is there a new method..i guess??Thanks in advance!
Ps:Can i edit my themes with a kind of program or stg like that???

Old 26-09-2010, 12:01 PM

last1left is on a distinguished road
big camera video/photo problem!

I have a big trouble i'm facing in the last 2 months with my NOKIA N73 phone!I bought this phone on second-hand and subsenquently i noticed that my phone's camera doesn't work in the right way!
What is the problem consisting in???
Well, i open that cover(from camera) , i try to make a photo and after that my phone gets back to the menu where i came away from!
And this thing happens every time i try to make a photo and even a video film!
For example,2 months ago i was to my favourite team's football match and i started filming!After about 15 minutes of filming my phone got back to the menu and everything was compromised!
I can't bear this thing anymore!If someone could help me please don't hesitate!
What would be the problem????I have a feeling that my Micro sd Card would be the problem but i'm not sure at all!
Please help me!

PS:I'm a romanian people and i can't speak english very well!I apologise for my possible mistakes!Greats!

Old 29-01-2011, 01:03 PM

rajkumar6600 is on a distinguished road
Question N73 ME - Auto Scrolling issue - Pls Help

Hi,

Mobile: N73-1
Sw: V4.0839.42.2.1
RM-133

I am Facing an issue like 'Auto scroll' in each and every list of menu's , messages etc.. and every place. Its Scrolling Upwards always.

Pls advise on this issue at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance
Rajkumar.

Old 15-08-2011, 03:18 AM

chardangel is on a distinguished road
Freezing SMS

Hi, just 5 months ago using my N73 phone. after this period of months,i have started experiencing freezing of SMS. Few days after, i found the solution on how to prevent it. by just typing *#7370#.. and its gone till now.. thanks for the one who post the solution.. a very very thankful to you.