All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N95 and N95 8GB

Old 16-04-2007, 01:14 PM

nicky napkins is on a distinguished road
??

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyhal View Post
Please can you inform how I can activate voice activation for individual contacts. According to the manuel I should be able to do this in standby mode and press the top right menu key?

Many thanks
I have heard this feature does not work very well.....

Can anyone confirm this???

thanks

Nicky...

Old 16-04-2007, 06:47 PM

jazzyc-01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyc-01 View Post
I have a question regarding the video playback through my TV using the supplied cable.

When i attempt o do this the picture etc seems fine (though not dvd quality!) but what really bugs me is there is little to no sound and i have to turn the tv right up to get anything. why is that?

if i just play it back through te handset the sound volume is fine.
someone please have an answer for me on this. its really frustrating me

Old 16-04-2007, 07:16 PM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxdoc View Post
Handset is O2 but not locked. Router is Netgear DG834PN with WPA encryption. WLAN set to Public. WLAN works fine with a HP PDA and two XP laptops.

Any further thoughts appreciated.
Your router model is the same as mine, and the WPA config settings appear to be more or less the same also. Therefore I don't know why you are experiencing difficulties disconnecting from WiFi.

Is your VOIP SIP set to Always On or to When Needed ?
(mine is set to when needed)

Old 17-04-2007, 02:42 PM

Dan is on a distinguished road
Im

i bought my n95 in Singapore. It comes with a program called IM. can I configure my msn or yahoo messenger on it? If yes how do i do it?

thanks

Old 18-04-2007, 05:33 AM

gunn is on a distinguished road
i have followed this thread for a long time ago... the features inside N95 is awesome... but i am so curious about one thing, how about the built quality of N95? is that solid enough? or it looks like crap?

Old 18-04-2007, 08:07 AM

minglau770 is on a distinguished road
TomTom for my N95 S60V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minglau770 View Post
Could someone let me know where i could get a copy of TomTom software and Australia map for my N95 pls....
Could someone help me with this problem!!!! pls

Old 18-04-2007, 09:38 AM

chrsfrwll is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Could someone help me with this problem!!!! pls
You could try here

Old 18-04-2007, 09:40 AM

deadlyhal is on a distinguished road
Video Manager Issue

I have the latest version of PC Suite. Downloaded Nokia Video Manager and it appears to install correctly, even the icon shows up in PC Suite; but will the app will not run.

Error is; ‘This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem’

I’ve reinstalled PC Suite & Video manager several times now, and run the PC Suite clean up tool. Even tried different revisions of PC Suite to no avail. Please help

Thanks

Old 18-04-2007, 02:26 PM

nicky napkins is on a distinguished road
voice activation.......

thanks

Nicky...

anyone???

Old 19-04-2007, 12:06 AM

CellularMania is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Tt6

have u test Tomtom6 whith gps BTooth external like ldw-3 ?

For All World Contact +39 333 1111111 Support Video Call

Old 19-04-2007, 05:27 AM

Mansoor Jilani is on a distinguished road
Hi Rafe, do u have any idea how i can extract original themes came with N95, if i want to use these themes in N80 ? Or any place you know where N95 original themes could be found ???

Thank You !

Old 19-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by erehman View Post
Rafe,
I know its not a technical question and for those having this phone, my question would look like a foolish quaestion. But what I heard about video editor of N95 is that you can't edit videos in full resolution and @30fps at all. In order to use this editor, one should capture videos at CIF and 15fps. I just wanted to confirm is it really so. Or can we join videos with highest resolution, in VGA, @30fps with the help of this editor. Please answer. Thanks
I haven't played with this too much. I've found full spec video works OK, but its better if you set the output to 320X240.

Quote:
Could someone let me know where i could get a copy of TomTom software and Australia map for my N95 pls....
www.tomtom.com but at the moment its not able to use the internal GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyc-01 View Post
I have a question regarding the video playback through my TV using the supplied cable.

When i attempt o do this the picture etc seems fine (though not dvd quality!) but what really bugs me is there is little to no sound and i have to turn the tv right up to get anything. why is that?

if i just play it back through te handset the sound volume is fine.
Try turning the volume up on the phone. Make sure you cable connection is secure... otherwise its as likely to be a problem with the RCA plugs on the TV as anything else.

Old 19-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky napkins View Post

thanks

Nicky...
Works OK for me. No worse than the other implementation of Speaker Independent Voice recognition on other Nokias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
i bought my n95 in Singapore. It comes with a program called IM. can I configure my msn or yahoo messenger on it? If yes how do i do it?

thanks
Theoretically - yes but you need a bridge service (e.g. yamigo). However these dont work well. Its really something operators are meant to provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky napkins View Post
voice activation.......

thanks

Nicky...

anyone???
PLease try and refrain from repeating questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyhal View Post
I have the latest version of PC Suite. Downloaded Nokia Video Manager and it appears to install correctly, even the icon shows up in PC Suite; but will the app will not run.

Error is; ‘This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem’

I’ve reinstalled PC Suite & Video manager several times now, and run the PC Suite clean up tool. Even tried different revisions of PC Suite to no avail. Please help

Thanks
Hmm not sure on this one. My best guess would be its conflicting with something else on your machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansoor Jilani View Post
Hi Rafe, do u have any idea how i can extract original themes came with N95, if i want to use these themes in N80 ? Or any place you know where N95 original themes could be found ???

Thank You !
The themes are not fully compatible (though they will work). Not sure about extracting - sorry.

Old 19-04-2007, 04:02 PM

abajwa is on a distinguished road
Smart2Go for N95

I tried to download Smart2Go for my nokia N95 but the pulldown menu on Download site does not include N95. I selected N93 and downloaded the software. However, when I am trying to install it on my phone, i am getting a message "update error". Any suggestions please.

Old 20-04-2007, 09:23 AM

ian_w is on a distinguished road
Question Irritating phase after taking photo

I have an n95 on Orange. After I take a photo, I'm presented with an annoying pop-up menu with the options "Upload to my album", "Blog" and "Send to a friend". I'm guessing this is some ruse to encourage more data transfer (££) by getting people to go on-line whenever they take photos. Is there any way to disable this pop-up? I've tried turning off the option to view a photo after it's taken but this makes no difference.

Perhaps the most annoying aspect of this is that the pop-up menu takes a couple of seconds to appear after taking the photo, so if I'm trying to take several, it's quite fiddly to begin each one. Any ideas please??