All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-03-2010, 10:20 PM

ZippyUK is on a distinguished road
N97 Touch screen u/s

N97 on vodafone, touch screen has stopped working, taken battery out and done all the normal things, anyone throw any light on this matter please, phone is pretty god dam useless now. Thanks in anticipation.
Ads

Old 08-03-2010, 01:47 PM

chris-red is on a distinguished road
Take it back to Vodafone it should be covered by there warranty.

I'm selling an N97 with loads of extras in good nick for 200 delivered if for some reason you can't get it repaired.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:09 PM

I have a new N97 coming from vodafone, quoted the sale of goods act and the product is not fit for its intended use and also the problems with the N97, even on admitance from 3 customer service reps. Told them i did not want it no more and swap for an i phone, yes you guessed no can do. If this new N97 has problems then i will cease the contract under the sale of goods act.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:18 PM

chris-red is on a distinguished road
Tried it to got nothing from them in the end I just bought an iPhone.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:00 PM

Update:

After speaking to vodafone on Monday they agreed to swap N97 for one that had been returned by customers before the 7 day period, and i was told they were fully checked before being sent out, this was arrive Tuesday.
However after the am time slot had passed and the phone did not arrive i contacted vodafone and was told that all N97's had to be repaired, yes i was annoyed however it was arranged for me to get the phone sent away via a vodafone store, this i was going to do Friday.

Wednesday morning came and DPD were on my doorstep with my swap out, yes i thought wtf is going on.

After many times of trying to operate the phone with my micro sd card in, i decided to remove it, low and behold the phone worked, but would not work with memory card in. Checked memory card on pc, not readable. On to vodafone and told them that when the phone went wrong it had corrupted my data card, i got a 35 credit on my account for it.

Here is the best bit or not, Thursday afternoon was using the so called new
N97 and yes low and behold the screen went dim and the touch screen gave up.
On to vodafone straight away direct to a manager with a bit of a heated exchange and i told them where to poke the N97
In the end they have sent me out an N97 mini, arrived today brand new sealed box.
So far the phone is ok, yes its a bit smaller but getting used to it.

This will be my last N Series phone when my contract runs out for sure.