All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-09-2009, 02:47 PM

ggravier is on a distinguished road
Question Calendar disappeared (AGAIN) from Shortcuts bar theme

Hi!

I set my home screen to Shortcuts bar... and had the calendar view very conveniently on the home screen. Today around 14H00, the calendar view disappeared from the home screen... and it's not available as a selectable item in the home screen items configuration menu which only lists

[] Shortcuts
[] Search
[] Music player
[] Radio

But "Calendar" is missing.

This happened once before and a full reset of the phone solved it. I was running firmware 10.X... I was hoping firmwares above would solve it... But now in 31.X I have the same problem. I would like to find a way to solve this without a full reset of the phone (don't want to go chasing the apps that don't reinstall cleanly after a full reset).

Any idea? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Gilles.

Old 26-09-2009, 07:48 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Trials

I don't own the N97 . Thinking of few possibilities before hard reset :
1) Reboot
2) Battery removal + Reboot
3) Back to Factory Settings in settings menu , or dial *#7780# : also called Soft Reset .

Regards jApi NL

Old 28-09-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jApi NL View Post
I don't own the N97 . Thinking of few possibilities before hard reset :
1) Reboot
Didn't work
Quote:
2) Battery removal + Reboot
Didn't work either...
Quote:
3) Back to Factory Settings in settings menu , or dial *#7780# : also called Soft Reset .
Didn't work either... but messed up some apps that I finally had to do a full hard reset... and now I have my calendar back, but spent a few hours reinstalling a few apps. Some don't get reinstalled... :(

Regards jApi NL[/quote]

Oh... and... this isn't N97... this is the 5800 forum.

Cheers,
Gilles

Old 28-09-2009, 10:50 AM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Restore

Hi Gilles . Sorry for the hassle , and 5800 confusion . The following order was ment to realize the most fun / less frustration . After all , the last option , hard reset , was bringing back the Calender in the list . Brought also the feared messing up .
Few more questions :
1) did you use the Backup option on Massmemory , for reinstalling Settings ? Also usefull after "Softreset" .
2) Apps missing . Are these JAVA / J2ME apps ? On s60 v 3 , Nokia MidletRestorer is used to restore them ( Icon restore ) . This in case the App is found in Application Manager , but the Icon cannot be found in Menu . Of course , I am not sure this works on S60 v 5 , but might be worth a try ?

Regards jApi NL
Ads

Old 28-09-2009, 12:45 PM

I didn't backup the whole machine before doing the soft reset. What's the point of going back to factory settings if you're going to restore your settings to what they were right before.

Apps that weren't completely restored after full hard reset (since their installation material was still on the SD) include:

1) HanDBase ... was installed, but license key gone. Had to re-enter the license key.
2) JoikuSpot Premium... icon was there but clicking on it produced no effect. I had to remove and reinstall it. Licensing info was preserved, but not configuration. Go figure.

All in all... I spent a full 2H reinstalling all I needed. A lot less than on a brand new phone.

Gilles.