All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-05-2004, 09:32 PM

wackojacko15 is on a distinguished road
erm...im a bit of a noob, and i could do with some help on a couple of things.....

well first off all, is it possible to play wav. files on my nokia 6600 or is there an application where i can install and let me play wav. songs., on my phone i have real player, so i can play ram. files, but i have sent a couple of songs via bluetooth and it says it is unable 2 play it, y is this?

2nd of all, is it possible 2 get msn messenger on my 6600, if so, where can i get it from.

thanx alot, wackojacko

Old 18-05-2004, 09:58 PM

ozzy_1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackojacko15
well first off all, is it possible to play wav. files on my nokia 6600 or is there an application where i can install and let me play wav. songs., on my phone i have real player, so i can play ram. files, but i have sent a couple of songs via bluetooth and it says it is unable 2 play it, y is this?

2nd of all, is it possible 2 get msn messenger on my 6600, if so, where can i get it from.

thanx alot, wackojacko
Dear wacko,

yes, the internal recorder app plays files with .wav extension but the volume is very low.

There is an excellent (at least for me with 6600) messenger which lets you connect to msn, yahoo, icq, etc. all at the same time. And it is freeware.

AgileMessenger is here:

http://www.agilemobile.com/am.html

Regards,

Old 19-05-2004, 10:15 PM

wackojacko15 is on a distinguished road
ok thanx but.....

i have downloaded that msn thing, at it works excellent, but how do i sign in with differenmt accounts? it auto signs me in as the first email i used?

Old 20-05-2004, 06:55 PM

ozzy_1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackojacko15
ok thanx but.....

i have downloaded that msn thing, at it works excellent, but how do i sign in with differenmt accounts? it auto signs me in as the first email i used?
Dear Wacko,

in order to do this you have to logon first.

Then go to Options > Edit Connections > Remove Connections.
Check 'MSN' and press OK.

Restart Agile or now go to

Options > Edit Connections > Add Connections

and you will be able to sign in with another msn account.

Regards,

Old 05-06-2004, 06:28 PM
n-gaged guest

i have agilemessenger on my n-gage and i had it on my 3650 but it never managed to connect.. anyone know why?
Ads

Old 06-06-2004, 01:57 AM

sjbu is on a distinguished road
You have to make sure gprs setting in your phone are perfect, set right for your country and everything.

I used the same access point that i use for opera browser and that one worked whereas my original network set setting did not work. I had to create a basic access point myself to get stuff like opera and agile to work

have to say though, i absolutely love agile messenger was just using it for about an hour, that program is going to cost me a bomb on my phone bill

Old 13-06-2004, 08:51 AM
n-gaged guest

but, what kind of access point? what kind of adjustments did u have to make?

Old 14-06-2004, 01:04 AM

sjbu is on a distinguished road
i went to the opera web site, they have a access point search facility with which you can search by country and it tells the names of the access points used for opera. In my case i am with Optus, and the access point name was simply internet.

Just adding that access point and using the default settings allowed me to use both opera and agile