All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-08-2004, 07:24 PM
jey_son_999

I Actually Prefer Using Mp3 Files For Music On My 7610... But I Convert My Mp3 Files To Mono At 16kbps. I Can Turn A 3mb Mp3 File To Just At Least 500kb. Comparing The Quality With Aac Files Its Basically Just The Same... Try It Out And Send Me Any Comments!!!

Old 23-08-2004, 12:52 PM
angelyin

DietMp3

I use DietMp3 to compress the Mp3 files to smaller size and the sound quality is also gd. Any difference between this & aac files?

Old 26-08-2004, 02:48 PM

fauji is on a distinguished road
probs

hi,

i've been converting mp3's to aac for my 7610 with db poweramp. i too have found it very unreliable. which free software will allow me to convert aac's reliably?

i've also noticed that the aac's, when played on my 7610, do not allow the pause function. is anyone else experienceing this; the pause option becomes unselectable...?

thanks

Old 27-08-2004, 08:42 PM

Angeline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog
Or,you could just use Nero to make a Image,mount it and fool Nokia Audio Manager that its a real CD or even simpler,you could use Easy CD-DA Extractor for a direct conversion.
can aac files be converted to truetone(like a few seconds) using nokia audio manager? can teach me?

Old 28-08-2004, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline
can aac files be converted to truetone(like a few seconds) using nokia audio manager? can teach me?
I don't know.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 22-09-2004, 01:05 PM

SQueeZe is on a distinguished road
New program for converting MP3 to AAC for Nokia phones

Hi All

I spent hours looking for ways to convert my existing MP3 collection to AAC without luck. I tried dbpoweramp, but it crashed all the time. i cant be arsed with this nero image drive stuff.

so i wrote one myself. well kind of.

i found 2 command line programs, one converts mp3 to wave and the other converts wave to aac.

So basically i have made a front end to these. you simply drag the mp3s onto the program, select the output path and quality and then click 'reencode'
it then creates a wave file, then an aac file and then takes the ID3 info from the mp3 and dumps it into the aac.

I have only just finished it so it is probably buggy as hell, but it is currently converting all my mp3s as we speak.

If anybody is interested let me know. if there is enough interest i will tidy it up and post it here.

Old 27-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Ian_Penzance

Mp3 to Aac

It's simpler than that.
Nokia Audio Manager looks as though it will only work with tracks on an audio CD.
That isn't right. If you use the "file" option and select "Add Tracks" , you can work with any mp3 files on your computer hard disc. It will convert them to Aac. There is no need to burn a CD or work with any other software.

Old 27-09-2004, 12:24 PM

Ian

I dont understand what you mean....

There is no 'Add Tracks' in my file menu.

I can click on the 'add' button and then select some mp3s but they arent converted to aac when they are transferred to the phone....

Could you give some more detailed instructions please?

Thanks
Kevin

Old 27-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

i don't know if Ian is correct about his assumption that you can convert MP3 to AAC directly since i don't use Nokia Audio Manager any more.This is the way i used to do it with Nokia Audio Manager: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...81&postcount=3

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.
Ads

Old 27-09-2004, 03:26 PM

No, I dont think he is right. At least I hope not otherwise I have spent hours writing this software for nothing.....

Anyway, i also dont like the nero image drive way. Its annoying as you can only do one CD at once and I am guessing you lose all the track names if you do a compilation or anything and also its quite slow.

My program is small, doesnt have any unnecessary features. Its a one step process, you maintain the ID3 tags. Its great if i may say so myself. It is also extremely fast. it encodes about 10x on my athlon 1400.

I have almost finished testing so I am going to release it in the next couple of days.

Old 27-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Good news,looking forward to it!

Old 28-09-2004, 06:27 PM

righty then, its here:

http://www.bits.bris.ac.uk/kevin/MP3...MP3AACConv.zip

Its written in VB .NET so I'm afraid you will need the framework if you dont have it. I believe it comes with XP service pack 2. if you dont have it you can get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Its dead easy, just unzip the files and then run Nokia MP3 - AAC Converter.exe.

let me know of any bugs, suggestions etc etc.

Old 28-09-2004, 06:28 PM

btw you need to drag folders/files or mp3s from windows explorer onto the white pane in the middle to add them.

Old 29-09-2004, 05:27 PM

zainman is on a distinguished road
hey squeeze, i downloaded the zip file but after extracting it when i doulbeclick on tha converter thing, windows gives an error.. n i dint completely get the instruction readme file, cud u explain please? 'the application failed to intialize' what do i do after extracting the files? do i need to download any other file? i already have service pack 2 for windows xp

Old 29-09-2004, 05:34 PM

hmmm, yes the instructions could probably use some work. anyway, it may need the .net framework which can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

try downloading that (its 23mb i'm afraid, i hope you have broadband!)

I thought I read somewhere that service pack 2 had it included but perhaps not..... let me know if you have any more problems.

SQueeZe