All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-10-2002, 12:13 AM

MaleBuffy is on a distinguished road
[7650] Steel Warrior released!!

Steel Warrior 7650

This is simply the best 3D 7650 game! With fantasic 3D graphics and audio performence and incredible smooth animation, you will join Ricky's battels with aliens! You will fly the most advanced craft made my human to fight with those alien invaders. And make the fire of the war towards the deep space! There are 8 totally different levels in this game. From earth sea surface to alien's planet. During playing, you will experence a exciting fancy journey. Flying through the aerolites, fighting on our beautiful earth and deep space. With the power of MGS, this game will give you the most exciting game experence that you never gain from your phone, full colors 3D animations at over 50FPS!! This game will show you how your phone can be ultimate game console with the power of MGS. Never miss it!! Demo version can play the first level. Registered usr can play the whole 8 levels and have auto-save capability.

Get the Trial!

malebuffy@allaboutsymbian.com

http://www.symbiandiaries.com/malebuffy
http://www.symbianopensource.com

Old 08-10-2002, 02:59 AM

talk2sk is on a distinguished road
Hi MaleBuffy,

Would be great if you can post a link here.. I know I can search for the site.. but ... ;-)

Regards

Old 08-10-2002, 03:09 AM

MaleBuffy is on a distinguished road
There is a link! on the first page! The "Get the Trial" is the link!

malebuffy@allaboutsymbian.com

http://www.symbiandiaries.com/malebuffy
http://www.symbianopensource.com

Old 08-10-2002, 03:47 AM

talk2sk is on a distinguished road
Duh!!! How stupid of me :-)

The problem was I guessed MGS was from Noumena and went to their site and there was no mention of the game!!.. So I got a bit confused..

Strangely, their site doesnt mention anything about the release.

Also, first up I was confused as to why you sounded patronising, as if you were trying to sell us the game.. until I read the handango description ;-)

Old 08-10-2002, 04:18 AM

n1ghtFLY is on a distinguished road
yes the game is good but

i want to play it with keypad not with the joystick

Old 08-10-2002, 09:09 AM

ErectionJackson is on a distinguished road
I actually prefer the joystick It makes the phone a real gaming toy

Old 09-10-2002, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
I hate MGS,it is too large,the games are too large,you can fill your phones memory just by instaling MGS and a couple of games.Damn!

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 09-10-2002, 11:23 AM

omar_g is on a distinguished road
My biggest problem with Stel Warrior is the fact that the joystick lies under your right thumb. Any game control you'd care to think of in recent years has the joystick under the player's left tumb. What were they thinking? Training your right thumb to do something your left already does to perfection is non-sense. A quick flip through 180 degrees would ehance gameplay no end. An alternate fire or quick response fire button (as opposed to this 'toggled fire' in place currently) could be assigned to the voice dial key, giving the game another degree of playability yet again.

Two simple changes, one hell of a better game.

Old 09-10-2002, 12:48 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar_g
My biggest problem with Stel Warrior is the fact that the joystick lies under your right thumb. Any game control you'd care to think of in recent years has the joystick under the player's left tumb. What were they thinking? Training your right thumb to do something your left already does to perfection is non-sense. A quick flip through 180 degrees would ehance gameplay no end. An alternate fire or quick response fire button (as opposed to this 'toggled fire' in place currently) could be assigned to the voice dial key, giving the game another degree of playability yet again.

Two simple changes, one hell of a better game.
That's a really good idea, why not suggest it to the makers for a later version?
Ads

Old 09-10-2002, 12:57 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
I love the toggle fire button, just press once in the beginning of the game, no need for a instance fire button.

The other idea is indeed a good one. (can't add it to my review because I'm reviewing the 9210 version)

Old 09-10-2002, 01:57 PM

dir is on a distinguished road
[quote="omar_g"]My biggest problem with Stel Warrior is the fact that the joystick lies under your right thumb. quote]

ho boy. Uh, I don't follow this. The joystick is in the middle. When I hold the phone with my left hand, the joystick is under my left thumb, not my right.

What am I missing here...

p.s. I'm taking you literally since I haven't tried that game so perhaps there's some other reason why you have to use your right thumb. Can't you use your left?

Old 09-10-2002, 02:13 PM

n1ghtFLY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
ho boy. Uh, I don't follow this. The joystick is in the middle. When I hold the phone with my left hand, the joystick is under my left thumb, not my right.

What am I missing here...

p.s. I'm taking you literally since I haven't tried that game so perhaps there's some other reason why you have to use your right thumb. Can't you use your left?
umm i think i know what your problem is. In this game you hold ur phone sideways so u play horizontaly not verticaly like usual. Then if u use ur left hand to move the joystick u just see the screen upside down.

Got it ????

Old 09-10-2002, 03:39 PM

erhum is on a distinguished road
I like the game ... from the pov of playing experience ... whay I dont like is how much memory it chews up ... by the time the platform is in there and the game ... a woppping 750K plus.

Old 09-10-2002, 08:53 PM

omar_g is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's a really good idea, why not suggest it to the makers for a later version?
I emailed them yesterday, before posting here. I also suggested that they use the game engine for a stunt plane game where the player has to fly through hoops and complete tasks. The current game engine would be perfect, just a few 2D sprites need to be drawn up and voila! A whole new game, and a whole new source of revenue.

I also suggested using the same graphics engine again to create a simple racing game similar to Wipeout on the playstation. Add to this MGS' bluetooth support; with high-octane multiplayer racing, it would be a surefire hit.

Let's hope they take on board the comments. (A little commision or a few royalty payments wouldnt go astray guys! )

Old 09-10-2002, 09:14 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
They are planning a cool racer for the 9210, this will probably be ported to the 7650