All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-09-2009, 11:33 PM

SponzBob is on a distinguished road
Sygic Mobile

I downloaded Sygic Mobile today. Unfortenately it gives me a 'disk error' when trying to use the app after successfully installing the program from the map I copied from my pc to my mass memory..

I have a N97 btw and ofcourse

Now I read a bunch of articles from people who claimed it had something to do with the directory from where I installed the program or from where I tried to open it. They wrote something about replacing the files to a root file. I've searched everywhere for a root file but I couldn't seem to find it, neither with X-plore, nor with the standard file browser from Symbian. I also came across a post from someone who said that you just have to clean up your mass memory..

Can someone please give me a little walkthrough if this is a problem known to you? Symbian is driving me crazy with there windows like, in windows vs apple, software. I find the N97 a real treat but it's such a goddamn care baby

I would really appreciate it when somebody has the time to answer my question

Last edited by SponzBob; 19-09-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Old 21-09-2009, 02:09 PM

Gerco is on a distinguished road
Try installing it from the original disc.. Worked like a charm for me

Old 21-09-2009, 04:38 PM

SponzBob is on a distinguished road
Haha, yeah I suppose that would work

Luckely I found a real modern forum who isn't afraid of those criminal companies and there government patent protecting organizations But on this forum it sounds like it's more then just the fact you don't want to be associated with illegal downloading. It's sounds like y'all really put some thought in not letting this site being rushed with for instance descriptions on how to import a non bought product.

Could you tell me more about that? Cuz I have put in some thought to it two and I would really like to have a discussion about this! Especially since the majority of the people don't download with any philosophy behind there doing so. And with the governments forbidding it of course, it is not a subject which is really discussed like there is anything to talk about.

I think there's something to talk about! I think we should all download the hell out of this world, everybody should participate as much as they can in my opinion!
Ads