All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 03-12-2008, 04:35 PM
readbmr readbmr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 254
readbmr is on a distinguished road
Nokia N95 8gb Help Please !!!!

Hi all, ok i have a nokia n95 8gb and have just upgaded to v30 firmware, the problems im having is Transfering full length dvds from my pc using xp , ie ive tried nokia video manager and even tried direct from pc to nokia phone within pc, ie when i try to transfer it then freezes/stops after about 10 minutes !!! anybody having same problem and have a solution to this annoying problem please let me no, Also while on the subject i have read that you can/cant view bc iplayer on the nokia n95 8gb, ive downloaded the bbc iplayer app and no it does not work with mine eevn with the latest firmware !!
Any help/links etc on how to fix the above Please....

Thankyou from Brian

  #2  
Old 03-12-2008, 04:38 PM
prleet prleet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
prleet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by readbmr View Post
Hi all, ok i have a nokia n95 8gb and have just upgaded to v30 firmware, the problems im having is Transfering full length dvds from my pc using xp , ie ive tried nokia video manager and even tried direct from pc to nokia phone within pc, ie when i try to transfer it then freezes/stops after about 10 minutes !!! anybody having same problem and have a solution to this annoying problem please let me no, Also while on the subject i have read that you can/cant view bc iplayer on the nokia n95 8gb, ive downloaded the bbc iplayer app and no it does not work with mine eevn with the latest firmware !!
Any help/links etc on how to fix the above Please....

Thankyou from Brian
try to do direct data transfer without using nokia pc-suite. find it in MyComputer as attached hd. also check that u have enough space..

About the iplayer, i been sitting here trying to get this bastard to work on n95-4...don't know whats the problem is...

  #3  
Old 03-12-2008, 04:58 PM
readbmr readbmr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 254
readbmr is on a distinguished road
hi and yes so frustrating

Hi and ive also tried the direct approach for transfering videos/dvd files to the nokia 8gb and still freezes after around 5 mins !!! ive even tried the direct data transfer without using the pc suite or Ovi suite and still no joy, god im getting so cross now as also the same as you have been trying the bbc iplayer for 3 days now and all i get is a start up screen from bbc iplayer and it wont let me do nonthong else, im begginning to think this is all fake for our nokia n95 8gbs !!!!
And yes im sure we both no it works on the nokia n96 but there must be a way of getting it to work on ours...
Let me no if you have any joy and also if you have any other solutions to the video transfer problems, oh if it helps when i do transfer videos it doea let me do short clips ie anything below 100mb , but its when i try anything above 500mb it blooming freezes after 5-10 minutes !!! and yes i do have plenty of space both within my new laptop and phone etc..

Thankyou for your help and do let me no how you get on..

  #4  
Old 03-12-2008, 05:09 PM
readbmr readbmr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 254
readbmr is on a distinguished road
Thankyou prleet

Hi and yes sorry for the above post, all ok now and cant believe i had to select data transfer on the phone instead of the rubish pc suite, god i hate that thing, anyway all ok now as i now have casino royal full film in superb quality and only 958mb mpeg4 and 2 and half hours long, well chuffed and cheers for that and im sure we would be both happier if we had a solution to our bbc iplayer help, there must be somebody out there or is it just Fake !!!!

Cheers again from Brian

  #5  
Old 03-12-2008, 05:12 PM
prleet prleet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
prleet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by readbmr View Post
Hi and yes sorry for the above post, all ok now and cant believe i had to select data transfer on the phone instead of the rubish pc suite, god i hate that thing, anyway all ok now as i now have casino royal full film in superb quality and only 958mb mpeg4 and 2 and half hours long, well chuffed and cheers for that and im sure we would be both happier if we had a solution to our bbc iplayer help, there must be somebody out there or is it just Fake !!!!

Cheers again from Brian

thats good...

iplayer, i got it somewhat to work, i can scrowl and chose between menus etc..but can't execute. i think its the built in browser thats messing me up..i have noticed that the build in browser when asked to open an colored image it only shows in black and white..same thing happens..try your luck..this is the one that says is made for nokia n95-gb...try ur luck..let me know
http://mosh.nokia.com/content/5934A7...40050A45303F2A

  #6  
Old 03-12-2008, 05:30 PM
readbmr readbmr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 254
readbmr is on a distinguished road
Cheers

Hi and yes i will give that a go, fingers crossed !!! will let you no, also have you tried the new skyfire browser, absolutely awesum, it lets you view any flash videos like youtube and other sites etc, best browser i think and theres so many great reports about it,

will let you no regarding the above

  #7  
Old 03-12-2008, 05:40 PM
prleet prleet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
prleet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by readbmr View Post
Hi and yes i will give that a go, fingers crossed !!! will let you no, also have you tried the new skyfire browser, absolutely awesum, it lets you view any flash videos like youtube and other sites etc, best browser i think and theres so many great reports about it,

will let you no regarding the above
yea i have skyfire..try hulu.com for some great contents..

also, it seems that iplayer service is restricted to uk citizens only..although, they allowed to use firefox, if u live outside of us all u gotta do is find a proxy in uk....pc only..

man for the first time in my life i really wanted to watch some tv cause bbc has some great programs but it killed my inner child.. thanks BBC..thanks alot.

  #8  
Old 03-12-2008, 05:43 PM
readbmr readbmr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 254
readbmr is on a distinguished road
hi

Hi and yes i think your rite about skyfire being restricted on some pages, ie i think thats why bbc iplayer wont work on it, its a shame we could not fool it into thinking we were in the states !! lol, then im sure it would work, still we got a great phone, have you hacked it yet? i havnt but thinking of doing it soon. Also did you install that bbc iplayer direct to your phone from the website or did you install it manually ?

  #9  
Old 03-12-2008, 05:54 PM
prleet prleet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
prleet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by readbmr View Post
Hi and yes i think your rite about skyfire being restricted on some pages, ie i think thats why bbc iplayer wont work on it, its a shame we could not fool it into thinking we were in the states !! lol, then im sure it would work, still we got a great phone, have you hacked it yet? i havnt but thinking of doing it soon. Also did you install that bbc iplayer direct to your phone from the website or did you install it manually ?
correction: i mean it only works for uk citizens only, i am in US so it wont work for me via the phone..although i can make it work using proxy pc-only just haven't tried it yet since I am at work.

the only hack that is worth is the ability to install all sort of apps without signing (BINPDA)..although signing apps has become pretty easy itself.
Ads
 

Bookmarks

Tags
8gb, n95, nokia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[HOT][NEW] N80 RM-92 IE APAC PR v15.00 SW4.0632.0.38 juato4 Nokia N80 176 25-04-2007 03:19 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy