All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-09-2002, 12:06 PM

debernardis is on a distinguished road
problem with OPL programs

I think my 9210 has problems with some OPL programs :cry: :
1) Clock ER 6 never starts, giving a too quick error message to be read;
2) MySystem from www.opl.ch gives a E32USER-CBase, number 46 error just at start;

instead Vexed is allright, and so CartoonToday. Maybe are there different versions of the OPL runtime for ER6?

Old 29-09-2002, 12:38 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
MySystem is giving more ppl problems. Ewan gave me a tip once stating that the opl runtime where the program is coded on should be the same as the one on the users machine.
So it could be those opl programs where made on a older opl runtime.

Old 29-09-2002, 01:28 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Rule one, at the moment it's bloody difficult to diagnose PL probs that have a 46 error message. Firmware needs to be the latest version, you need to have the latest version of the OPL runtime, and nothing conflicting on the machine. Given the both CLock6 AND Vexed are my apps, and this is only the second 46 error on CLock6 after thousands of downloads, you'll see my problems in trying to work out the error

Don;t forget that OPL is still in beta, so there will be general errors like this that the app programmer can't deal with. :-( Best bet is drop a line to SYmbian saying that you think getting OPL out of beta would be an immense boost to the community.
-- Twitter: @ewan