All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-08-2008, 06:37 PM

Cassy is on a distinguished road
Nokia E71 Memory Card Help

Hello...

I tried doing several searches online for help on this, but I cannot seem to find anyone else with this problem.

I just purchased a Nokia E71-1, Asia version phone because I didn't want to wait for the white one to come out in US version, PLUS, I have tmobile in Hawaii, so the 3g function is useless for me. Here is the problem I've encountered... the phone ONLY reads the sd memory card when my tmobile sim card is NOT inserted. This is very frustrating. When I don't have my sim card in the phone and am in offline mode, the memory card reads just fine... as soon as I put my sim card in, whether it's offline or online, the memory card doesn't read at all... I go to menu, tools, then memory, and it says "no memory card inserted." Has anyone ever heard of this problem?

I've tried several things in an attempt to fix this issue, which are listed below:

-I formatted the memory card in offline mode when the sim card was not inserted, but it still would not read the memory card when I put the sim back in.

-I did a hard reset as well, and still no luck.

-I also tested this out on 3 different memory cards, and the problem persists.

I definitely didn't load anything on the phone... I just got it late yesterday, however, it did come from Singapore... I'm not sure if they loaded anything on it without my knowledge, as it's a brand new phone. I did notice when I read the memory card that came with the phone (with my sim card not inserted, of course), there was some space taken up on it... 28B of Documents and 610 kb MIDP apps... not sure what they are though. Do I have a defective phone? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm beginning to think that there is a problem with the phone itself, and I think I may have to send it back.

Thanks in advance,
Cassy

Old 20-01-2011, 12:43 PM

billythekikd is on a distinguished road
E-71

did you manage to get the e 71,s no memory card inserted thing sorted out.i am having the same problem.
kindly reply if you have the answer.

Old 20-01-2011, 12:44 PM

billythekikd is on a distinguished road
E-71 Memory card problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

did you manage to get the e 71,s no memory card inserted thing sorted out.i am having the same problem.
kindly reply if you have the answer.

Old 27-05-2011, 12:01 AM

bugger is on a distinguished road
Maybe it is an restriction of your provider. My phone was branded with ORANGE AT and there was no way to switch from 3G(UMTS) to the GSM band.
So i have changed the phone to an unbranded product code and made a firmware update.
You can find your currend product code under the battery pack.

Hope it helps.

Old 27-05-2011, 02:08 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Memory Cards

When discussing memorycards , beside the device model you are using , in this case E71 , you ought to mention :
- Brand name , Sandisk , Kingston , Patriot etc.
- Capacity , e.g. 2,4,6,8,16,32 GB
- Class , 2,4,6,10 etc.
Allways buy a wellknown brand . My experience/knowledge with the E90 , a device that is produced the same time as E71 are like this :
Sandisk 2,4 GB class 2 : allways fine .
Sandisk 8 GB , class 2 and 4 : allways fine .
Sandisk 16GB , class 2 got corrupted and failed , with the above mentioned result : "No Memory Card Inserted" , while it was fysically there .
Sandisk 16GB , class 4 : allways fine .
Also a 32GB class 10 microSD card was reported to work fine by another user .

Regards jApi NL
Ads