All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 17-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Beta Labs Bind Camera and Server Closer with Image Exchange

Image Exchange is here! A new beta application from Nokia, promising to make browsing and sharing images easy and fun is available from the Beta Labs. Image Exchange is more than just an uploader to a service (such as Flickr or Ovi Share), but an experiment in tying the handset gallery and the on-line gallery much closer together. Think of it as one pool of pictures constantly synchronised between your mobile and the web server, reflectign changes and interactions instantly.

Read on in the full article.

Old 17-12-2008, 11:03 AM
MMAS

Unhappy Image Exchange

The application wants to upload all images on my phone when I go online.

From the help text:
"When you are in online mode all the images that you take with your mobile phone are automatically back-upped to Image Exchange Web-service whenever the data connection that you have selected is available."

I, personally, don't like that!!!

Old 17-12-2008, 03:13 PM

Stezos is on a distinguished road
Installed it and removed straight away. It seems that even after you delete an image from your phone within the gallery app it is still available within the Image Exchange app. If I delete an image I want it deleting and not have to do it twice.
Ads

Old 17-12-2008, 04:53 PM

viipottaja is on a distinguished road
Stezos, I hope you made that valid comment directly to the Betalabs team. That's the kind of feedback they, I am sure, need.

Old 17-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

"The application wants to upload all images on my phone when I go online."

I wish it would do that for me, installed it hours ago on my E71, it finished to generate the thumbnails but it's not uploading anthing, even though the registration went fine and it says it's connected...

Old 17-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

my bad, one should really read before posting

It actually works! I had to reboot the phone after the installation though, it was listed in the "known issues".

So if it doesn't work, you might want also try to reboot

Old 17-12-2008, 08:07 PM

Stezos is on a distinguished road
viipottaja no I haven't mentioned this yet but I will do.

Old 18-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

About image deletions

On deletions through Gallery this is an unfortunate situation, and is caused due Image Exchange using thumbnails for browsing. Gallery does not know about these thumbnails, and if you delete something through it, Image Exchange thumbnail remains even if the original is removed. We do have a reason to do it this way, even if it may not be currently apparent why. Our apologies for confusion and inconvenience this may cause.

On behalf of Nokia Image Exchange team,

Janne Kaasalainen

Old 19-12-2008, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

Image on S60

See no point in sharing photos online when I can't even view them conveniently on the device. I have an E71 with less than a gig of images, yet Gallery can take a MINUTE to load and almost 5 SECONDS to switch between images. Worse, when you're trying to assign wallpapers or whatever, the software will force you to browse through EVERY image file on the device, invariably causing a memory error. This occurs with all audio files as well. Plain dumb. Why won't anyone point out that the emperor's got no clothes.