All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-05-2006, 02:55 AM

Monsyur is on a distinguished road
Thanks Tsupatsupa.

That's why I'm asking how to open the housing. Because not every time we bring the phone to nokia centre only for clean up.

My Friend said normally there is a service manual n91 level 1&2 regarding how to open this stuff just like any other type.
but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:43 AM

angela.ngiau is on a distinguished road
N91 Themes

Hi Rafe :

I've read the N91 forums and thought that you can help me. Someone was complaining that they can't download any themes and when you asked them to try using Nokia 3250 themes, some will work and some don't. I've tried and none work. I've gone to Zedge and Symbian websites to download themes and none work. I've even call Nokia hotline and they said that Nokia N91 at the moment can't download themes. Only those themes given on the phone. Is that true? And if you know of any websites that can successfully download themes, I would very much like it please. Thank you in advance for your help. I'm just curious as to whether N91 can download themes or can't. With a good phone, if it can't download themes, it's a very big downfall. True ??? My previous phone is N90 and there's no problem in downloading themes. Please help !!! Again, thanks in advance for helping me out here.

Regards :
Angela

Old 12-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Pitulon

Exclamation battery

In the manual under the Charging-recharging it says that we have to make 2 or 3 complete charge-recharge cycles for the battery to function at its HIGH rates. No more details are given.
Can someone clarify if this method is needed and what are the cycles times.

The rather "old" technique of fuul-discharge and 12 hrs recharge again and again for 3 times in needed???

Thank you so much.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
On colours: I hadn' noticed a difference until now so can't help you.

N91 Themes - there seems to be a bug (feature) which means only Nokia created themes can be used on the N91. It can download themes, but this seems to be buggy.

Batteries have best performance just after their intial usage. I'd advise charging fully and then decharging a few times, after that any usage should be fine. Although to be honest I don't always do this.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:24 PM
trish

gsm or wcdma

hi rafe

i have noticed that on nokia website there is wcdma n91 & some other sites say its gsm n91.what is d diff bet the two n which is better?

Old 12-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
WCDMA and GSM are the cellular connection type. The N91 supports both. GSM is often known as 2G and WCDMA as 3G. WCDMA is faster for data and support video calling, but usually has less coverage ina given area.

Old 13-05-2006, 12:59 AM

-[GT]- is on a distinguished road
[quote=Rafe]N91 Themes - there seems to be a bug (feature) which means only Nokia created themes can be used on the N91. It can download themes, but this seems to be buggy.[\QUOTE]

will this so called bug remain or nokia will put a firmware update to get rid of it??

Old 13-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Founder / Chief

I don't know, but I believe they are aware of it and I would assume so.

Old 13-05-2006, 04:43 PM

steed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
I've been preparing to write an N91 real world article (I'm still going to). One of the thing I wanted to do was offer to answer any question people might have at the tail end of the review. However there's no reason I can't include some of these in the article itself. I'm also limited time wise... so if you have any N91 questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.
hello RAFEEE how are u ?
is me again i need to know just one thing i hope this will not take much of ur time
is the n91 compatabole whit bluetooth stereo? [yes] or [no]
i am lost...
help me thanks

Old 13-05-2006, 08:52 PM

-[GT]- is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steed
hello RAFEEE how are u ?
is me again i need to know just one thing i hope this will not take much of ur time
is the n91 compatabole whit bluetooth stereo? [yes] or [no]
i am lost...
help me thanks
no it doesn't because it doesn't support A2DP....u need bluetooth 2.0 to support A2DP....n91 has only bluetooth 1.2

there should be a wireless audio getaway thingy that allows it to support A2DP

Old 14-05-2006, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -[GT]-
no it doesn't because it doesn't support A2DP....u need bluetooth 2.0 to support A2DP....n91 has only bluetooth 1.2

there should be a wireless audio getaway thingy that allows it to support A2DP
wow thanks that was fast anser why nokia did somthing like this i just cant beleve it
some time i think nokia is like a verry sexy girl and she will only let u kiss her hand and stop no more that is it stop till the next time

Old 16-05-2006, 10:11 PM

angela.ngiau is on a distinguished road
N91 Themes

Rafe :

Thanks for the information. Appreciate that. But sad to say .... N91, such a prestige phone .. can't download themes. Oh well ....

Regards :
Angela

Old 17-05-2006, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
I've been preparing to write an N91 real world article (I'm still going to). One of the thing I wanted to do was offer to answer any question people might have at the tail end of the review. However there's no reason I can't include some of these in the article itself. I'm also limited time wise... so if you have any N91 questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.
One more question .. can the N91 make coffee? .....lol just kidding i just what to say thanks to RAFE for the hard work he is doin answering all this crazy questions they ask ...good job and thanks
Ads

Old 17-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Founder / Chief

Actually you dont strictly speaking need Bluetooth 2.0 for A2DP I believe. Originally the N91 was going to support BT stereo headsets but this doesn't seem to have made it the production models ;(

and yes of course the N91 makes coffee, you don't think they would leave out such a vital function do you? (see p13 of the manual).

Old 18-05-2006, 01:11 PM

Usurper is on a distinguished road
Hi,
I cant seem to get bluetooth to recognise/find any devices , ive tried my old k750i/ wifes laptop/sons samsung d500 etc and phones in work, sometimes it sees them but cannot pair with them, am i missing somthing simple to rectify this? :(