All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-05-2006, 11:17 PM

vickram_123 is on a distinguished road
hi rafe ,
i had been trying to play few .swf files on my n91 , no success as yet, i had been getting msg "unable to open file corrupted" , im sure these files r fine !!! any idea how to get around to this problem , is it possible to send me couple of swf test files which hve worked on n91 , ur answer will be appreciated , thnx

Old 04-05-2006, 01:00 AM

-[GT]- is on a distinguished road
hey again was wondering:

1) n91 supports only 802.11g or b/g?

2) can the video be recorded in mp4 format?

3) i said this before, but is black version out yet???

Old 04-05-2006, 11:26 AM
bugmenot

Podcasts

Hey Rafe.
How can I get podcasts (and vodcasts) on my N91 without downloading them through my PC? I have read on AAS that there was supposed to be some app to handle it but I can't find it on my phone or the net.
Help?

Old 04-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
The podcast / vidcast app will not be available until June / July. Until then you will have to copy files across manually though (or download directly to your phone manually).

Old 10-05-2006, 10:19 AM

steed is on a distinguished road
hi Rafe just a quick question do have any idea how to get back the album art on the n91

Old 10-05-2006, 08:41 PM
trish

confusion in colors

hi rafe

u r doin a gr8 job buddy.i am planing to buy a nokia n91 soon .i have this really big confusion i am confused between the three colors i like the dark grey one but till whichever review i have read it say black is a better color.wat do u think?

thx,bye

Old 11-05-2006, 12:28 AM

Hadiq is on a distinguished road
hey rafe, I read the gsmarena review and I was surprised to say the least. According to them this is a rather primitive device wich is terrble in both physical aspects as well as functionality. But what struck me the most was there notion of the screen being as second rate as phones of a few years past. Can you comment on this. How much of this is true and not?

Old 11-05-2006, 02:51 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
The screen is low resolution compared to some other 3rd Edition devices (176 x 208), but it is high quality. Personally I think a higer res screen would be better, but I wouldn't call it second rate. Of course it depends on your opinion.

It is a big device, but it has a lot in it. Calling it primitive is wrong. It is a very advanced device, but there are some interesting desing decisions (hard disk vs flash memory, no high res screen, relatively bulky).

Album art comes over on Sync with a PC I believe.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:24 AM
rapid7

Can you tell about the play with the buttons. GSMAREANA's review was complaining about the keys. Is that true?

Old 11-05-2006, 12:43 PM

tsupatsupa is on a distinguished road
from gsmareana:

"Keys are illuminated in deep blue. The red and green receivers retain their respective color. The joystick is surrounded by light too. To my opinion, the backlighting of the functional keys could have been a little bit more intensive. Otherwise the backlighting itself is so strong that you will even see how badly the bonds between the keypad and the mobile frame are put together."

If you are really particular about this, yes it is very visible. And it doesn't bother me at all.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:32 PM
trish

hey this is trish

rafe this is bad u have not replyed to my msg ;

Old 11-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Founder / Chief

trish - I maybe missing something but I don't think there is another colour for the N91. I think you are thinking of the N80.

Honestly I cant say I noticed the buttons being bad, but then its my opinion. The number keys are small, but there is plenty of space between them. The softkey buttons could do with being a bit better, but again I didn't notice it as being bad.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:54 PM
trish

hi rafe

here in india n91(i cant mistake it for n80 coz it is still not available here) is available in three colors- black , dark grey chrome and silver. & also when i searched the google for colors it said there r three colors. even i viewed them under the image category of google. any ways thx for replying.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:10 PM

Monsyur is on a distinguished road
Hi all,
Is anyone know how to open the n91 housing?
Because inside my lcd have dust, n is annoying me.
I try to screw up those 4 screws but still can not open.
Please help.
Thanks.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:39 PM

tsupatsupa is on a distinguished road
>>>Monsyur

i had the same problem before, just take your phone to any nokia care center, they do it for free if phone is under warranty.

but again, after a few days, dust will be visible again, take notice both sides of the screen, there's a very small gap. you can try to blow thru these gaps but i dont assure you that dust will be gone.

i think this is a 'design flaw' i just placed 'clear tape' to avoid dust from going inside the sceen, just cut the clear tape to a very small width so it will not be visible.

Last edited by tsupatsupa; 11-05-2006 at 11:45 PM.