All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 29-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Unregistered

Lightbulb Orange and Apple?

I think most people are trying to compare orange with apple here.
- N95 doesn't have any full-text keyboard; mainly aimed for voice talks.
- iPhone's main aim is a computer/browser.

Nokia has long known to be the No. 1 choice for voice quality, but the lack of a QUERTY keyboard on N95 makes it almost impossible to use as an email/texting device.

iPhone's voice quality is only average. I personally own the iPhone 3G, and have used several Nokia phones before. If I rate the voice on the Nokias to be 9/10, the iPhone should get around 6/10. If you use the phone for voice talks more than half of the time, the N95 is a no-brainer. Since I don't talk on the phone too much (about 200 minutes a month), so the iPhone is fine with me. If I really need to talk a lot, I'll probably just get another $30 Nokia phone for voice calls only.

If you want to use the phone to check emails, browse the web, play games, watch movies and listen to music, and only make a few phone calls a day, iPhone is hands down the best on earth. Wonder why every other smartphone is being compared to the iPhone? Just google for "iPhone vs." and see for yourself. I'll be defacto standard for a mobile

Old 29-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Unregistered

Cool Orange and Apple?

(sorry for the slip of finger on the last post)

I think most people are trying to compare orange with apple here.
- N95 doesn't have any full-text keyboard; mainly aimed for voice talks.
- iPhone's main aim is a computer/browser.

Nokia has long known to be the No. 1 choice for voice quality, but the lack of a QUERTY keyboard on N95 makes it almost impossible to use as an email/texting device.

iPhone's voice quality is only average. I personally own the iPhone 3G, and have used several Nokia phones before. If I rate the voice on the Nokias to be 9/10, the iPhone should get around 6/10. If you use the phone for voice talks more than half of the time, the N95 is a no-brainer. Since I don't talk on the phone too much (about 200 minutes a month), so the iPhone is fine with me. If I really need to talk a lot, I'll probably just get another $30 Nokia phone for voice calls only.

If you want to use the phone to check emails, browse the web, play games, watch movies and listen to music, and only make a few phone calls a day, iPhone is hands down the best on earth. Wonder why every other smartphone is being compared to the iPhone? Just google for "iPhone vs." and see for yourself. The iPhone is becoming a defacto standard on a mobile smartphone platform, and should last for a while. It's amazing to see the number of applications (paid and free) growing everyday on Apple's App-Store.

Old 27-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

lol

This is typical of Apple fanboys (yes, yes you are) coming on here slating the N95 and defending the iPhone for everything. No... you don't need a pouch, but everyone I know who owns an iPhone has one... The phone is difficult to use one handed, I've seen that for myself. I don't own an N95, or know anyone with one, so I don't know how easy it is.

One more thing, the 5800 Music Player is far superior to that of the iPhone. So realistically, a 5800 would be a good call, or X6 or N97.

Look, I think the iPhone is a great device, but you Apple fanboys are just off your heads. Smoking crack cocaine I think.
Ads