All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 03-08-2007, 10:12 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
No, but you can install a third part one.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

what's a third part one?

Old 04-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

software

I now know that "third part one" is a software. If i install it on 6120, can i then do image editing and can i then use the front camera to take pictures and record videos?

Old 04-08-2007, 10:43 PM
TiredOfMyTreo

For AT&T use in the USA?

Thank you for the excellent review. I'm trying to figure out if this is worth buying for the AT&T network in the USA. There's HSDPA coverage but I can't figure out how much is on 850 and how much is on 1900; the few devices AT&T support on HSDPA have both bands.

Like the name says, I'm tired of lugging around a large, crash-prone phone and would love a compact smartphone with broadband. Any advice (on this phone, or on what other phones I should consider) gratefully welcomed!

ADDED: I realized I hadn't actually read the whole thread, now I know this question has been asked several times! Still, if anyone wants to chime in with a recommendation for AT&T, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Old 06-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Chrismurdo is on a distinguished road
Unhappy nokia 6120 problems

I got a shiny new 6120, from 3, on Aug 1st. By Aug 3rd it had crashed 12+ times and frozen, I took it back. Got another one at 2pm on the 3rd. By 11am on the 4th it had crashed 8+ times and the mike had failed. Took it back to 3, they were most unhelpful, they have sent it away for tests saying it was my fault. has anyone heard of any problems with this handset, your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:44 PM
crapu

Talking man'

what more doo you what from this phone'low price modest look is small symbyan 3,5g 2mg camera video 320x240 video..its the best bussines can be done in mobile market'for mee its just perfect..and y have a lot of reason too say that...and y need 2 phones and y cant carry hafe a killo of mobile tehnologie afterf mee every day'

=
Ads

Old 07-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Cool Overheating

Hi,
I have recently upgraded my handset to the new Nokia 6120 classic.
The handset gets VERY hot after only a couple of mins,
My ear and my head feel very strange for ages after using it.
I am scared to use this phone as I feel it is dangerous.
I am on the 3 network.
Have you heard of other such complaints?
Debs
xxxxdeborahxxxx at aol.com

Old 07-08-2007, 04:44 AM
Unregistered

Stopwatch

this phone has just been released here in Australia but, it has come without the stopwatch.
Is there somewhere the stopwatch can be downloaded from and installed?

Old 07-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Clowie

Just a quick note. Our Nokia rep has informed us that they are not making a hard-wired car kit for this phone. So you cannot use an external aerial on a car to increase reception, etc. But there is word that force (dont know if it's just and aussie brand) has made one, but we haven't seen it yet. Do you know anything about his?

Old 07-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowie View Post
Just a quick note. Our Nokia rep has informed us that they are not making a hard-wired car kit for this phone. So you cannot use an external aerial on a car to increase reception, etc. But there is word that force (dont know if it's just and aussie brand) has made one, but we haven't seen it yet. Do you know anything about his?
I can't find a hard wired car kit here but, there are still 6120c accessories yet to be released

Old 07-08-2007, 01:36 PM
NokiaSuomesta

Question Microsoft Office

Does the 6120 Classic synchronize with Microsoft Office in the same way that the E50 for example does?
Thanks
Yes. It does.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:43 PM
kraki

The phone looks slick, the theme in the screenshots look even more so. Can you let us know the name of the theme, please? Or better can anybody upload it somewhere so that I can use it on my E50.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Unregistered

Question Issues to address on Nokia 6120 Classic

Hey guys!

I have this Nokia 6120 model since 3 weeks now. My unit has been bought in Romania [ where I actually live ] for about 280EUR not bound to any operator.

Generally, I'm very pleased with it, but there are a few issues I would like to address:
1. assigning a ring tone to a contact entry could be a pain if you, like me, have a 2GB card and over 500 mp3/midi files. Imagine you have to scroll to get to the middle of sounds list... takes minutes! I wonder why didn't they organize these sounds as per the folder they are located into? Instead, they list all the sounds in one big list despite the fact they are well organized in folders??? Or am I missing something here?
2. the 2MP camera is a joke in my opinion, will never use it
3. too bad I can't charge it with provided USB data cable
4. NSysInfo and PhoNetInfo [ please google them - can't add links ] are reporting weird ARM Processor speeds, 192MHz and 186Mhz. That's very strange considering the processor should be at 369MHz

Old 10-08-2007, 04:09 AM
goodhope

Article Discuss

Thank you for your review.

But i think the most advantage off N6120 classic is its design.

The feature is normal. The baterry life is so short (BL-5B, 890mAh).

And the price, i dont think 250 EUR is responsible price. About 200 EUR is OK.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Ali A

Article Nokia 6120 Classic works with all PC Suite features?

Do all PC Suite features work with this phone? Such as sending sms from PC using bluetooth.

The last symbian Nokia phones I purchased were 6600. Was very disappointed with the PC Suite, it doesn't have the features of the standard PC Suite.

Thank you.