All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 12-11-2007, 07:21 PM

kbp is on a distinguished road
great reviewer

hi krisse

after years of resisting a smartphone (they used to be called PDA phones!) because of their bulky size, i walked into a mobile phone shop in singapore by chance over the weekend, looking at the sony ericsson p1i and the nokia e90.

after speaking to the guy in the shop about the PDA functions i was looking for in a phone, he recommended me the nokia 6120 even though he would have made much more money selling me either of the above-mentioned high-end phones.

i could not believe a phone with such functions (the 6120) could exist in such a compact size and at such an affordable price (if you signed a 2-year contract. heh).

i just read your review and am impressed by your knowledge and sense of humour (the AEM is a nice touch and a blast from the past!).

congratulations.

kbp

Old 14-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Phone Handset 6120 classic - heats up?

Hi. I am interested to know if anyone else who has used the 6120 classic finds the handset heats up when you are talking? I have had the handset replaced 3 times and find that each one will heat up to an uncomfortable level on my ear when I talk for over 5 minutes (yes I know a lession not use the phone,..)?
I have spoken to Nokia who sort of suggest there is a fault or that I have been unlucky in getting 3 handsets from a bad batch. Would welcome all comments.
Berry from Australia

Old 19-11-2007, 11:56 AM

rehansiddiq is on a distinguished road
Phone Handset

i have 3 Questions

1= how to add security ( like password ) at folder (phone memory & Card )
2= i have stored some SMS(s) in the memory card, now i got Nokia 6120 Classic but i'm unbale to copy/move those SMS(s) to in Messaging->Inbox, and unable to read them directly from the memory card bcuz they having .vmg TYPE. when i try to open them i got this Msg! "unable to open. File type is not supported"
3=Unable to find Messaging->My Folder while accessing my 6120 from Nokia PC Suite (Nokia Phone Browser\Nokia 6120 classic\Messages)

waitin 4 instant reply

Last edited by rehansiddiq; 19-11-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Old 28-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yeah, mine gets very hot too. i think it's the type of metal they used, and i got a feeling it's going to get very cold in winter! i just called 3 customer services and they are going to look at it. they are sending a courier tomorrow and i won't have the phone back till tuesday (tomorrow is thursday!) they said they might repair or replace it. whatever they do i don't want the same model again because i got a feeling they're all the same. i am really regretting getting this handset now.

so just call the customer services and complain. they said they had other people complaining about it too. having all that heat in your ear cannot be good for you so i think we are right to complain.

good luck!
Hi I have the same problem as well as getting pains in the head behind my ear mines going, I will try something else.
Buyers beware

Old 02-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I was very interested to hear 3 are looking into the fact your 6120 is getting very hot as I also reported this to them this week and they told me that it wasnt a fault, but was due to the size of the phone.

I would be very grateful if you could let me know how you get on with 3.

Thanks

Old 11-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Unregistered

Anyone had any luck getting a new handset when complaining about the heat build up in the 6120 classic?

It's really annoying and even painful when on long calls. Mine is being sent back tomorrow but am afraid they will just say it's part of the design and can't be fixed. I just want a different handset now.

Old 14-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

6120 Handset

You've obviously got a stage further than me, as 3 won't even accept it's a problem when I've contacted them.
Ads

Old 15-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I use my phone with my laptop a lot, my laptop has no bluetooth and even if it had it would consume battery. Bluetooth couldn't get to the speeds of the hspda anyway. So I use usb to connect it to my laptop, instead of charging through that, I have to carry a extra charger with me.

Other than that, nothing wrong with it. As said before, Functions "X" and "Y" would be we very nice, but that would make the size and price bigger. I wouldn't mind the size, but the price. I haven't bought a new phone for a long time, smartphones (with the all the things I need) have been too expensive, but now I will lift the sales figures up again

Old 27-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

SOlution to heat problem

The phone heats up because of the 3G network(the wires heat ).TO solve this problem u must deactivate the 3g network.Go to Phone settings>Phone>Network>and select only GSM.There you go no more heat problem.

It sux but use 3g only for browsing/application.
Good luck

Old 07-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Nokia 6120 Classic vs Nokia E51

Which is better: Nokia 6120 Classic or Nokia E51?

Old 07-01-2008, 02:27 PM

AndyM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It depends what you want; I want Wifi, so there's no contest, the E51 wins easily. It's also got more memory. And it looks better....

Old 07-01-2008, 03:56 PM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And battery life... since E51 seems better then 6120...

Old 24-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Revie

This phone rocks.. It's slim and handy and power-packed! The interface is quite user-friendly. Drawbacks are lack of certain software (stopwatch), overheating after about 20-30 mins of talking and camera quality. Under certain lighting the photos appear grainy. However the functions are marvelous especially the automatic panaroma function. All in all, I'm giving it a 9/10.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

just asking.........

hell0 to all i have read a lot in this f0rum and im so amazed in this forum and also 0n the ph0ne. i am thinking if i am g0ing to buy 6120 or the n70 i love the very hitech feat of 6120 but i have read also the pr0b. of this unit that the screen is totally blank when n0t in use and need 5 to 10 min to make the unit functi0n totally. please help me before i buy a ph0ne. thanx in advance to all

Old 08-02-2008, 02:11 AM

oly730 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hell0 to all i have read a lot in this f0rum and im so amazed in this forum and also 0n the ph0ne. i am thinking if i am g0ing to buy 6120 or the n70 i love the very hitech feat of 6120 but i have read also the pr0b. of this unit that the screen is totally blank when n0t in use and need 5 to 10 min to make the unit functi0n totally. please help me before i buy a ph0ne. thanx in advance to all

My 6120 also problem could not make nor receive a call, could not send SMS.
But all solved and works well right after firmware upgrade in the Nokia center.
It is a good and powerful phone, can be installed many 3rd parties programs, but the 2 Mp camera many times produces grainy shoots.