All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-12-2007, 12:54 PM

rui is on a distinguished road
Hello then I can't install themes in my N73 not know how the stages to me gives me always on the mobile certificate expired and I bag the themes of many sites and emule and I never could installed them comment thanks.

Old 30-12-2007, 01:03 PM

rui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane85 View Post
Hi all. Just bought the n73. Installed themes and worked perfectly. Until i tred to remove them. I installed the themes using the Mcard. and when i loaded the themes, there was the mcard icon at the side confirming it. and so when i changed to a new mcard(1gig) and tried to install the themes. the phone just told me it was unable to install them. However when i selected different themes, they installed just fine. I restored factory settings to the phone and formated the Mcards (both of them) and tried to install the initial themes using the 1gig Mcard but it still wouldnt work.

I'm thinking that the phone cant overwrite themes and it saves an image of the theme in the phone registry or something. I cant find out how to erase that image. if there's such a thing.

Anyone with the experience or expertise, i would greatly appreciate ur help/advice. =)
i have a N73 music edition and i can't installed themes it gives me everry single time certificade caducate please help me tanks

Old 27-02-2008, 08:29 PM

richbowen is on a distinguished road
What you need to do is before you install the theme set your date back 1 year

Once the theme is installed you can then change the date back to normal

Your Welcome

Old 30-03-2008, 04:35 PM

basilbabus is on a distinguished road
n73 "P" key prob...

i already updated my nokia firmware to new bef few days. from that day when i type the letter capital R (By pressing button 7, 3 times) to add a contact or to make a note etc it displays only P and jumps to next place. at next place it works well. the problem happens only if i select shift key (#key). can anybody faced this prob?? can anybody help??
Ads

Old 12-04-2008, 07:29 PM

aitchsee is on a distinguished road
not receiving text messages

I updated my N73 software on 3 Apr (4.0747.31.0.1) and since then I only get text messages if I reboot the phone (any queued come in then). Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions for a cure? thanks
-H

Old 13-04-2008, 08:23 AM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Strange... Obvious, should not occur. Just repeat the upgrading process, and see what happens.

Old 13-04-2008, 07:24 PM

Wolf04 is on a distinguished road
After installing the latest PC Suite (6.86.9), the program won't recognize my N73 phone anymore. I plug it in, select PC Suite on my phone and XP gives me an error that there was a problem installing the drivers and your device may not work properly...basically it can't install the drivers but when I switch to Data Storage Mode, it works without a problem.

And now that I updated the program, I can only go to my PC Suite that came with the phone which is ancient (but works). Help?

PS: I also have the latest (legit) update on my phone (non-ME)

EDIT: Firmware is Nokia N73 (RM-133) 4.0735.3.0.2

Last edited by Wolf04; 14-04-2008 at 05:21 PM.

Old 19-04-2008, 10:54 AM

aitchsee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchsee View Post
I updated my N73 software on 3 Apr (4.0747.31.0.1) and since then I only get text messages if I reboot the phone (any queued come in then). Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions for a cure? thanks
-H
Just to follow up, this turned out to be a memory card problem, presumably unrelated to the upgrade. The messages were set to be stored on the memory card and the card was evidently failing because a few days later it was unusuable - couldn't even format it in linux

But since I replaced the card there seem to have been no problems.

-H

Old 02-05-2008, 12:56 PM

kapil2510 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanski44 View Post
Hi all,

first post here, have read through the 7 pages of this post to see if anyone has the same prob I have.

I have a 'sticky' voicemail symbol. Having spoken to a couple of people at Orange customer services they finally accepted its a bug and that there isn't a known fix at present. As they're not known for their technical expertise I wondered if anyone here could help.

The voicemail notification symbol doesn't go away ever, even having got a voicemail and deleted it, so each time I start the phone I get a 'new voicemail' notification.

The other main problem is the general sluggishness of the phone - its not exactly easy to use...

Also, some of the other sporadic probs other people have, i.e. camera not always activating when you open the slider, zoom memory issue etc...

I also, sometimes get a beep in my ear which I haven't been able to identify - not call waiting or text or battery warning or anything - not sure what this is.

I'm not sure how to find firmware version, but a mate who has one checked and reckons its on the latest one - I have searched the site on how what the keypresses are but I've come up empty handed...

btw also, what is 'packet date connection active' as after a phone call I often get this message.
ok beep you hear could be the message which u just recieved.Packet data connection means gprs , means when you use gprs to send and recieve info it ineracts with you through packet data.its a mean of carrying information.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 AM

pgrigorakis is on a distinguished road
Hi all, first timer here.

A few days ago I thought it would be a good idea to update my N73. After the update however I saw that Greek had been removed from my phone. After a lot of searching, I found out about product codes and how to change them. I changed the product code to a Greek one (the original was the standard european, 0539335) with NSS and then went on to upgrade with NSU. But because I updated to the latest version before I changed the product code, NSU is saying that I have the latest version so it is not possible to update again.

So, my question is this: can I roll back to a previous firmware version? And if not, how can I simply load Greek to my phone again?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrigorakis View Post
Hi all, first timer here.

A few days ago I thought it would be a good idea to update my N73. After the update however I saw that Greek had been removed from my phone. After a lot of searching, I found out about product codes and how to change them. I changed the product code to a Greek one (the original was the standard european, 0539335) with NSS and then went on to upgrade with NSU. But because I updated to the latest version before I changed the product code, NSU is saying that I have the latest version so it is not possible to update again.

So, my question is this: can I roll back to a previous firmware version? And if not, how can I simply load Greek to my phone again?
No! You canīt! To have the wright software zone, in your case, go to a Nokia Service, and with a pay service they can do that.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:53 AM

n73man is on a distinguished road
Problem with connecting to computer

Hi, I recently purchased a N73. It didn't come with a USB cable as the owner of it broke his. I bought an USB Cable off the internet. It isn't of the nokia brand. I installed Nokia PC Suite. Now when I connect the phone, It brings up a box that says problems with infrared connection. This is a problem as I don't want to connect it via infrared. Please help. Here is a screen shot of the box http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2382/...1cc88d64_o.jpg

Last edited by n73man; 06-05-2008 at 07:03 AM.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n73man View Post
Hi, I recently purchased a N73. It didn't come with a USB cable as the owner of it broke his. I bought an USB Cable off the internet. It isn't of the nokia brand. I installed Nokia PC Suite. Now when I connect the phone, It brings up a box that says problems with infrared connection. This is a problem as I don't want to connect it via infrared. Please help. Here is a screen shot of the box http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2382/...1cc88d64_o.jpg
Weird... Before try another things, try find an original cable and see it it works well.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:22 AM

bizklguy is on a distinguished road
N73: unable to use Quickoffice

Hi all, I just got myself a N73ME. Everything is great except that I couldnt get the Quickoffice to work. When I opened the appls (eg: Quickword), the screen show "No Data" and I have no clue of how to load my file as no option is available.

I hv actually copied some xls and ppt files into the briefcase and synchronised with the N73.

Pls advice. Thank you.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:00 AM

orestes is on a distinguished road
if it's app error, try find the quickoffice again and reinstall it...
but you can always format back your phone to the original state.. the quickoffice should be fine after that..
*#7370#