All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-04-2003, 07:54 AM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
eBook reader and eBook maker from symbianware

Enjoy reading books with eBook! If one of your hobbies is reading then eBook will become the indispensable application for your smartphone! eBook allows reading books in eBook Aportis (.prc) format! If your favourite book is in text format then you can install our free utility eBookMaker to convert books to .prc format. eBook consists of two main views: Library view and Book view. [get it here]

Old 06-04-2003, 09:18 PM

TomJ is on a distinguished road
Re: eBook reader and eBook maker from symbianware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazler
Enjoy reading books with eBook! If one of your hobbies is reading then eBook will become the indispensable application for your smartphone! eBook allows reading books in eBook Aportis (.prc) format! If your favourite book is in text format then you can install our free utility eBookMaker to convert books to .prc format. eBook consists of two main views: Library view and Book view. [get it here]
I downloaded HandyBook a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised by the experience of books on my 7650, to the extent that I was considering registering. Then I saw eBook was out and thought I'd give that a shot; I must say that I'm impressed; it blows Handy Book out of the water in terms of functionality and customisabilty (if that's a word...). A couple of points though:

1) I'd like to see the TCR format supported, as the points I made at way back in 2000 apply even more strongly to the non-expandable 7650 then they did to my 5mx. ReadM does support TCR, and is free, but suffers from feature creep; I don't want an MP3 player in my phone as there's not enough memory for a decent quantity of files, so ReadM as a whole takes up too much valuble memory.

2) How in God's name do you find files sent to the phone via BT to compress them with eBook Maker?

Old 15-09-2006, 08:37 PM

salamander is on a distinguished road
Safe E Book reader for Nokia N 80 etc

Hello Dazler ,I am a newby down here in Australia.
1) I am not clear how this phone/pda works as I cannot see where the symbian 9 software or the 60 software is , as I cannot see it on the CD which came with the phone . I therefore do not know if it was loaded at the factory onto the phone or embeded into the phone ina dedicated chip for example. If you can cast any light on this I will be very thankful.

I am very keen to be able to download and read E Books, however I have received the following warning from Nokia yesterday and obviously I do not wish to damage the N80 and void the warranty so I would appreciat your advice as to which programm I can use safely please.
A copy of their comments follow .
"
Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

In response to your enquiry, please be advised that the "E-book Reader" application that you are referring to is a 3rd party application. You may refer to the following link to confirm if the application that you are referring to is available to be installed on your phone: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=10170

Furthermore, Nokia does not encourage installation of third party upgrades as it may cause mechanical faults to your unit. Moreover, it will void the 12 months Limited Warranty.

Kindly refer to the links below for additional software for your phone:

http://nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,90592,00.html
http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/reso...dks/index.html

Should you have any further enquiries, or if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Nokia Careline and speak to any one of our friendly Technical Support Executives on 1300 366 733 between the hours of 8am and 8pm EST, seven days a week. For online assistance, please visit 'ASK Nokia' at our website www.nokia.com.au

Please help us improve our services by simply clicking on the following link: https://digiumenterprise.com/answer/...5&chk=EPHPXYH6

Kind regards,

Joel Deva
Nokia Careline

"
Your 'Get it here ' section of your post does not work.
There is also another software '
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...ailsReader.asp however I do not know if that software would damage the N80 as per the comments above by the 'Nokia people'

I look forward to your comments at your convenience .
Thank you salamander

Old 18-09-2006, 01:55 AM

salamander is on a distinguished road
Has anyone found a successful e-book reader download for the Nokia N80. I have just spent an hour talking to the Nokia Helpdesk who couldn't find a compatable program as any application must have an .sis extension. Mobipocket reader doesn't work and neither does e-books. Any suggestions please
Thanks
Salamander

Old 16-03-2007, 06:09 AM

freda_fan is on a distinguished road
ebook

I am not customed to seeing book in phone, i think the char of the book is too small.

Old 20-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Mikeln is on a distinguished road
There is free e-book readers for Symbian S60. Links here