All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-08-2007, 12:47 AM

nightnews is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Firmware upgrade needed for Nokia 6600..

Can anyone advise? Firmware upgrade needed for Nokia 6600..

- the latest version of 'firmware' for the 6600 is v5.53 (from around May
2005) ..due to an eror accessing memory card gallery, app quit error it was suggested by this Edinburgh nokia service centre to upgrade the firmware for 20 pounds But they used generic software once installed it disabled much of the functionality of the phone and did not access the memory card at all!!!

I have told them to get it right and they are meant to do it tomorrow Nokia call centre has been useless and it seems unless the local service agent has
the software that the main nokia service place in thetford will not release the firmware! its not on the nokia website any more!!

the phone was purchased in 2004 and is technically out of warranty but so what!

I am incandescent with anger at the way i am being treated - has anyone got the firmware out there, is there an archive Nightnews webmaster at nightnews. net

or a uk store preferably in Scotland that can do this simple task!!!

Old 27-09-2007, 03:31 AM

nightnews is on a distinguished road
Arrow progress report

27 09 2007

I just got my n6600 phone back from this store :: with a 5.53 firmware upgrade :: but the issues relating to the phone refusing to read the gallery and images on the mmc card or any other mmc card is unresolved.

A simple trip to jessops and a couple of pounds retrieved all the photos that are on the mmc that the phone refuses to recognize but jessops photo download tool instantly does. Other phones can also read the mmc card.

The phone can read all the sms messages stored on the mmc card but the mmc view gallery option does not work at all the phone just flips back to the main menu if u try and look at the mmc gallery - weird - maybe the phone needs formatting before flashing I dont know, i don't have the experience with phones and symbian to tell

(...I have an IT MMT degree tho so i can tell a bs story)

and the shop, a so called 'approved nokia store' remains unable, unwilling or to resolve this app problem

there are a few other issues relating to the 'service' at this store that i will be discussing with the nokia imei tracking people

good tip :: if a shop says that they have sent a nokia phone to a nokia service centre - then its gone to thetford, notts or cambridge then the IMEI number is also trackable by nokia if you call +441480482897 if its not in that system then they have not had the phone...

I can't say more about this issue. I can only say i am glad to have my handset back without involving the ahem authorities.

Andthe Nokia Corporation will be hearing about this, and I hope that they will take some action!

And i have the option of trying the carphone warehouse technical people 45.00 or no fee if they can't fix it - or hopefully the nokia ppl.

I would just say to anyone in Edinburgh choose the above and do NOT go phone-in.com

..and if anyone wants to tell me what this problem with my handset is, i'd love to know...

have a nice day
Ads