All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-03-2005, 09:46 PM

cliptomaniac is on a distinguished road
Problems with 6630

My memory card has corrupted but i have a more serious problem.

when i try to open my contacts, text messages and a number of other applications, it just goes back to my main screen. Also when i try to type a phone number or press any number key, the phone restarts.

any one else have this problem and what shall i do. Nokia and T Mobile say i should take it to the service station but that will take up to 6 weeks. I have had the phone for less than 2 months. Can i get a new phone?

please help.

Thanks

Old 10-03-2005, 10:34 PM

Erroneus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliptomaniac

when i try to open my contacts, text messages and a number of other applications, it just goes back to my main screen. Also when i try to type a phone number or press any number key, the phone restarts.

any one else have this problem and what shall i do. Nokia and T Mobile say i should take it to the service station but that will take up to 6 weeks. I have had the phone for less than 2 months. Can i get a new phone?

please help.

Thanks
Format the phone by using the 3 key trick, search for it.

Old 10-03-2005, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneus
Format the phone by using the 3 key trick, search for it.
whats the 3 key trick???

Old 11-03-2005, 12:33 AM

ralph.holmes is on a distinguished road
Quote:

please help.

Thanks
the phone is still under warranty. Take it back and ask for a replacement

Old 11-03-2005, 12:58 AM

linzw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
whats the 3 key trick???
apparently this is an old prob and had been posted on this forum eons ago. solutions was posted as well.. i think errornous wants you to do some works by hunting for it.
Ads

Old 11-03-2005, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzw
apparently this is an old prob and had been posted on this forum eons ago. solutions was posted as well.. i think errornous wants you to do some works by hunting for it.
i know what it is now. thanks for the tip *3green key

Old 11-03-2005, 03:16 PM

spinergy is on a distinguished road
I've had this happen to me countless times now, I used to make sure I always had a recent backup of my phone using PC suite so that I could 1st reset the phone using the above method then restore my setting's from the back up. There is a better, much painless fix for that all too common problem, if you install Fexplorer on your phone (free software) - http://www.gosymbian.com/ - this allows you to browse all the files on your phone, the cause of the actual problem is a corrupt file which I believe is something to do with your text message dictonary, you need to delete this file and that in turn will fix your phone, all that you lose is the words you have manually added into your text message dictonary. the file you need to delete is C:\System\Data\PTIT9UDB0f.DAT.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:18 PM

s12vaa is on a distinguished road
Call Nokia's main repair centre. They will tell you to send the phone to them and will either repair it or replace it within 7-10 working days, as long as you have proof of purchase. If they were to replace it could be with a brand new one or a refurbished one.

Heres the number: 08700 114 880

Old 12-03-2005, 12:36 AM

linzw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinergy
I've had this happen to me countless times now, I used to make sure I always had a recent backup of my phone using PC suite so that I could 1st reset the phone using the above method then restore my setting's from the back up. There is a better, much painless fix for that all too common problem, if you install Fexplorer on your phone (free software) - http://www.gosymbian.com/ - this allows you to browse all the files on your phone, the cause of the actual problem is a corrupt file which I believe is something to do with your text message dictonary, you need to delete this file and that in turn will fix your phone, all that you lose is the words you have manually added into your text message dictonary. the file you need to delete is C:\System\Data\PTIT9UDB0f.DAT.

oh... so that how you view those files! thks!